http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

1. Celtics
2. Heat
3. Spurs
4. Bulls
5. Mavericks
^ What the?
Where did the Spurs go LOL...

They still have the best record in the league, that doesn't make sense to me...
But Heat @ 2, I'll buy it Big Grin
I agree. Spurs have done nothing to deserve being dropped, except to WIN!
What Aslan is going to have a tough time wrapping his thick skull around is this...
LA is not even going to have the best record in the West this year..
Only time they come out of the West is when they HAVE the best record..

They are going to end up getting seated with OKC or Spurs and get ouched at the very begining.
spurs vs celtics final Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:spurs vs celtics final Smile

No way, Spurs and Magic baby!!!!!!
Regular season doesn't matter.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Regular season doesn't matter.

Your right, the lakers only have 5 players on the court at a time in the regular season Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your right, the lakers only have 5 players on the court at a time in the regular season Smile

LOL nicccce.

Actually regular season does matter Blackcat..
As I previously stated.. I don't remember the Lakers being a 4 seed and coming out and beating the holy **** out of ppl in the West.

What you LA lovers better hope is they turn their losing ways around and win the West, but it doesnt look promising at all right now.
The Spurs with home-field-advantage could be dangerous. They have the experience but they also have a dynamic offense now. Could be hard to beat them in a best of 7 series.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your right, the lakers only have 5 players on the court at a time in the regular season Smile

What about the three refs?
Ballers Wrote:^ What the?
Where did the Spurs go LOL...

They still have the best record in the league, that doesn't make sense to me...
But Heat @ 2, I'll buy it Big Grin
As much as I hate to say it, Spurs should be #1.
Ballers Wrote:What Aslan is going to have a tough time wrapping his thick skull around is this...
LA is not even going to have the best record in the West this year..
Only time they come out of the West is when they HAVE the best record..

They are going to end up getting seated with OKC or Spurs and get ouched at the very begining.
Why do you doubt this Laker team? You've picked against them the last two years and you've talked about how awful they are, yet they are the back to back champions. Lakers coming out with a subpar start reminds me of the Celtics last year. There just bored with the regular season. They've made the finals three straight years and won the last two. They'll do enough to get home court in the first round and actually play when it matters, like the Celtics last year when they crushed Lebrons hopes of a title.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:spurs vs celtics final Smile

If the Spurs are in it, I promise I won't watch it. I didn't watch the last finals they were in but I know it had to be boring. If the Spurs and Heat are in the finals I'll be rooting for Lebron, thats how bad I hate the frekon Spurs!
Ballers Wrote:LOL nicccce.

Actually regular season does matter Blackcat..
As I previously stated.. I don't remember the Lakers being a 4 seed and coming out and beating the holy **** out of ppl in the West.

What you LA lovers better hope is they turn their losing ways around and win the West, but it doesnt look promising at all right now.

I didn't know having the 4th best record in the NBA was considered losing.

:flush:
All I'm saying is the track they are on right now they will get seeded with a better team..
The kinda ball Manu and Spurs are playing would be a dangerous fit for LA in the playoffs.
The chances of the Spurs staying healthy this whole season is pretty far off IMO

And if getting the #1 overall seed made a difference then the Cavs should have at least made it to the finals last year but they didn't.

The bottom line is to win a championship you have to beat a few elite teams in a best out of 7 series. The regular season shows us a lot about teams and their ability to play, but when it comes to a 7-game series, that is where your coach shines. That's one of the biggest reasons the Lakers are so succesful. Phil Jackson can beat ANY team on the planet in a 7 game series, no matter what seed his team or the other team has beside their name on the bracket.
zaga_fan Wrote:The chances of the Spurs staying healthy this whole season is pretty far off IMO

And if getting the #1 overall seed made a difference then the Cavs should have at least made it to the finals last year but they didn't.

The bottom line is to win a championship you have to beat a few elite teams in a best out of 7 series. The regular season shows us a lot about teams and their ability to play, but when it comes to a 7-game series, that is where your coach shines. That's one of the biggest reasons the Lakers are so succesful. Phil Jackson can beat ANY team on the planet in a 7 game series, no matter what seed his team or the other team has beside their name on the bracket.

Oh.
That explains LA losing the 7 game series to Boston 2 years ago. :igiveup:
Agree
Ballers Wrote:Oh.

Well, he only meant since the 2009/10 season TongueirateSho
Ballers Wrote:All I'm saying is the track they are on right now they will get seeded with a better team..
The kinda ball Manu and Spurs are playing would be a dangerous fit for LA in the playoffs.

What track are they on? They've only lost like 2 of their last 8.

I mean, any NBA team can afford to lose games. Heck, didn't the Spurs lose to the Clippers?

It's the NBA, if any team doesn't come out firing on all cylinders then they're going to lose, it's as simple as that. Playoff time, no matter what seed the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, or Spurs are, if they're firing on all cylinders no other team in their conference will touch them besides when they face one another in the conference finals. Besides it's only late December, no team can carry the momentum they have now into the playoffs thats months away.
Ballers Wrote:Oh.

It doesn't hjurt to have kobe bryant or micheall jordan either.
In my opinion, the Spurs should be #2 and the heat #3.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ I think the Spurs deserve to be #1!
My power rankings top 5 would look like this right now:

1. Celtics
2. Spurs
3. Heat
4. Lakers
5. Mavs