Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida player slams referee
Basketball Basketball
Florida High School Basketball Player Attacks Referee Over Ejection

Published December 15, 2010
| FoxNews.com
Print Email Share Comments (421) Text Size A Florida high school basketball game turns into a wrestling match after a player body-slammed a referee on the court.

The incident, which was caught on video, shows Desoto High School player Mason Holland, identified by the Fort Myers News-Press, losing his cool after getting ejected during a game against Port Charlotte High School on Monday. He then took his aggression out on the referee, throwing him to the ground.

The refs refused to continue to officiate the game after the incident, giving Port Charlotte a forfeit win.

Desoto County Schools Superintendent Adrian Cline told ABC-7.com he was saddened by the turn of events.

"This is very disappointing. It's unacceptable," he told the website.

The school has suspended Holland and the State Attorney's Office is reviewing the incident to determine if there will be criminal charges filed.

The Florida High School Athletic Association tells ABC-7 they plan on administering their own punishment.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4458836/baske...tacks-ref/
cuppett777 Wrote:Basketball Basketball
Florida High School Basketball Player Attacks Referee Over Ejection

Published December 15, 2010
| FoxNews.com
Print Email Share Comments (421) Text Size A Florida high school basketball game turns into a wrestling match after a player body-slammed a referee on the court.

The incident, which was caught on video, shows Desoto High School player Mason Holland, identified by the Fort Myers News-Press, losing his cool after getting ejected during a game against Port Charlotte High School on Monday. He then took his aggression out on the referee, throwing him to the ground.

The refs refused to continue to officiate the game after the incident, giving Port Charlotte a forfeit win.

Desoto County Schools Superintendent Adrian Cline told ABC-7.com he was saddened by the turn of events.

"This is very disappointing. It's unacceptable," he told the website.

The school has suspended Holland and the State Attorney's Office is reviewing the incident to determine if there will be criminal charges filed.

The Florida High School Athletic Association tells ABC-7 they plan on administering their own punishment.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4458836/baske...tacks-ref/

thats a thug, and wouldnt let him play again...
That is just shocking! I don't know what year of school he is in but he deserves to be suspended from all High School Athletics for the rest of his high school career!! There is NO excuse for something like this!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:That is just shocking! I don't know what year of school he is in but he deserves to be suspended from all High School Athletics for the rest of his high school career!! There is NO excuse for something like this!!

100 percent agree
leecoukfan Wrote:That is just shocking! I don't know what year of school he is in but he deserves to be suspended from all High School Athletics for the rest of his high school career!! There is NO excuse for something like this!!

He is a senior.
Disgraceful....
Okay, I want to start by saying I absolutely do not agree with this kids behavior. :dontthink It can no be tolerated. And, he has to be punished, and if they tell him can not play basketball again, I think that would be justified...........still with all that having been said, let's all be truthful. Haven't every single one of us wanted to body slam a ref at one time or another. While I thought boy he crossed the line, I just couldn't help but to smile a little.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats a thug, and wouldnt let him play again...

I have not seen the video, but I'm going to guess by the word choice there that the player is African American..
ANEWPAT=== That is sick. Say what you really mean. You have no problem with what happened. What if the offical was hurt? Looks like the correct call was made and the player objected. This is one of the most disappointing post that I have seen on this site.
Here is the video:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4458836&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>
Ref will prob file a lawsuit.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I have not seen the video, but I'm going to guess by the word choice there that the player is African American..

he is but, a thug to me is anybody(no matter what color) asks like that, i have no prejudice bone in my body..

:Thumbs:
everybody thats played, coached or was just a fan watching the game has disagreed with officials before, and thats ok. but it is absolutely unaccecptable to act on it. this kid clearly crossed the line and deserves whatever punishment he recieves.