Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts High School Football Game Goes Into 8 OT's
Junior quarterback Andy Coke ran 10 yards for his eighth touchdown to give Andover (Mass.) a scintillating 88-82 football victory over Lowell (Mass.) on Friday night.

The marathon, which lasted three hours and 37 minutes, wound up in a 28-28 deadlock at the end of four quarters. Lowell had to score a touchdown and an extra point (which just cleared the upright) with no time remaining to force the first extra period.

It marked the longest game in Massachusetts history and is third all-time in the national record book. The record of 12 overtimes was set recently in Texas. Two games have gone nine overtimes and three others reached eight overtimes.

Operating out of a no-huddle spread, Coke ran 36 times for 165 yards, with all eight touchdowns being on the ground. In his first year after transferring, he also ran for six two-point conversions.

Coke was greatly aided by another junior, running back Freddie Scribner, who carried 17 times for 116 yards and four touchdowns, and co-captain Ned Deane made 15 tackles.

Coke told the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune, "I was about to cry. I was thinking, ‘Am I in a dream right now?' After I scored on the last run, it felt like a dream. I had to touch myself to make sure it was real life."

Lowell also was led by a junior, quarterback Kyle Edwards, who completed 20 of 26 passes for 191 yards and seven touchdowns. He had no interceptions. Anthony Courtois scored five touchdowns (three on runs and two on passes), while Josh Mcglauflin had four touchdown catches.

Andover's first year coach, E.J. Perry, said, "I've had all those wins in volleyball and a state championship in basketball (at Salem, N.H.). But that was by far the greatest athletic event I have ever been a part of."

The Golden Warriors won despite losing Boston College recruit Brian Miller, a receiver and defensive lineman, who suffered a knee injury in the first quarter.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/x24M9--KEd-...rtimes.htm

Holy Crap!
WOW!! That is insane!! I played against Lowell High School when I played football in high school. They have the largest school in Massahusetts with an enrollment of over 4000 students!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Cool.

Shouldn't this go in high school?
vundy33 Wrote:Cool.

Shouldn't this go in high school?

i thought about it, but didn't know where to put it cause its a Massachusetts High School
That game had to be wild.
I wonder what time the game ended....
Wow. This is impressive, and definitely a game I would have LOVED to been at.
[YOUTUBE="Andover vs. Lowell 8 overtime game"]USl-x8wRV-0[/YOUTUBE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON