Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jody Demling's Kentucky girls' Class of 2013 rankings
The state of Kentucky's Class of 2013 girls' prospects is loaded.

There's talent all over the state and at every position, making the '13 crop potentially one of the best groups of players to ever be produced in the Bluegrass.

The class reminds me a lot - at a young age - of the 2004 class where you had Crystal Kelly, Jade Perry and Sarah Elliott and just a ton of other Division I prospects.

I'll still say at this stage of the game that Marion County point guard Makayla Epps (photo) and Owensboro Catholic star Becca Greenwell are the cream of the crop. I'll keep Epps just a tiny bit ahead of Greenwell at this stage with Marion County teammate Kyvin Goodin-Rogers gaining on the top two.

Here's the top players in the '13 class:

1. Makayla Epps, Marion County- Father was star PG at Kentucky and she's already one of the best players nationally at her age.
2. Becca Greenwell, Owensboro Catholic - Can do a little bit of everything!
3. Kyvin Goodin-Rogers, Marion County - Her father - Tick Rogers - was Mr. Basketball at Hart County and played at Louisville.
4. Kayla Styles, Manual - Is getting a ton of Division I looks.
5. China Dowe, Christian Academy - Really impressive freshman season at CAL. A power guard who can get to the basket.
6. Ashton Feldhaus, Madison Central
7. Chelsey Shumpert, Paducah Tilghman
8. Aaeron Smith, Butler
9. Katelyn Newsome, Sheldon Clark
10. Octavia Wilson, Lexington Catholic

OTHER NAMES TO WATCH
Kelsey Adwell, PRP; Shante Brown, Frankfort; Kelly Cox, Harlan; Kelah Eldridge, Letcher County Central; Ellie Fruit, Henderson County; Kelsey Greer, Glasgow; Chanel Roberts, North Hardin; Courtney Sandlin, Walton-Verona; Paige Slone, Knott County Central; Jansen Starks, Murray; Raven Timmons, Franklin County; Danielle Watson, Western Hills;

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...kings.html
Congratulations to Kelah Eldridge for being listed. She is one of the hardest workers I have seen in a long time. WYMT never mentioned her name when they named the players from the mountains on the list. I thought it would be basketball blasphemy for her not to be listed. I feel better now.