Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2011 Schedule
Rumor has it that Highlands has added 2 Ohio Division 1 Schools for 2011. Mason, Ohio and Cincinnati Elder. Also playing Mason County, Ky, and Ryle for out of district games. Only 1 more opening. I doubt Simon Kenton will step up and take their whippin.
^It is a fact. Highlands has added Elder (OH) and Mason (OH) to the schedule for 2011 football season. Right now, Highlands is currently at 9 games with one spot left open.

The rumor around Ft. Thomas right now is that the Bluebirds are looking to add an opponent from outside the Tri-State area...
Here are the following 9 games so far scheduled for the Bluebirds 2011 Football Season:

Boyle Co.
CovCath
Elder (OH)
Harrison Co.
Holmes
Mason (OH)
Mason Co.
Pendleton Co.
Ryle

With one more game to be scheduled, this is arguably one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, schedules in the state and that is including the district games that are outside the realm of their control.
Impressive. That's almost more than you can really expect for a high school team. Heck, that's more travel than some SEC schools are willing to schedule.
That Boyle Co. game,is that at Boyle or Highlands?
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Here are the following 9 games so far scheduled for the Bluebirds 2011 Football Season:

Boyle Co.
CovCath
Elder (OH)
Harrison Co.
Holmes
Mason (OH)
Mason Co.
Pendleton Co.
Ryle

With one more game to be scheduled, this is arguably one of the toughest, if not THE toughest, schedules in the state and that is including the district games that are outside the realm of their control.

A mixture of good non-district games, and then TERRIBLE District games for a program like Highlands.
Rocky Top Wrote:That Boyle Co. game,is that at Boyle or Highlands?

I'm not a 100% sure on that one. I know both parties agreed to a home-and-home series with one another for 2 years. I believe, if memory serves me, it will be at Boyle next year. I'll double check that though and let you know for sure.
I'd still like to see Highlands come and play Belfry in the Pike Co. Bowl.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd still like to see Highlands come and play Belfry in the Pike Co. Bowl.

I'm sure if they promise them enough money, its always a possibility
Poor Pendleton Co. What a joke! What a waste of time. How many points can possibly be scored in the 1st quarter?:lmao:
2dog Wrote:Poor Pendleton Co. What a joke! What a waste of time. How many points can possibly be scored in the 1st quarter?:lmao:

I actually think that it is a double-header. With the 45 point running clock rule, I beleive they can play Pendleton and Harrison Co. in a little over an hour!
There are not enough seats at Pendelton Co. to handle a small Highlands crowd. Don't know if they have any fans that bother to go. I live 5 minutes from there and have never been to a game. Have never heard any locals even talk about the team. An old friend from Alexandria used to say,"Pendelton Co., Where men are men and sheep are women!":biggrin:
2dog Wrote:There are not enough seats at Pendelton Co. to handle a small Highlands crowd. Don't know if they have any fans that bother to go. I live 5 minutes from there and have never been to a game. Have never heard any locals even talk about the team. An old friend from Alexandria used to say,"Pendelton Co., Where men are men and sheep are women!":biggrin:

Stop it!!!!:lmao:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd still like to see Highlands come and play Belfry in the Pike Co. Bowl.

me 2

ok, and what possible good would this serve?
2dog Wrote:There are not enough seats at Pendelton Co. to handle a small Highlands crowd. Don't know if they have any fans that bother to go. I live 5 minutes from there and have never been to a game. Have never heard any locals even talk about the team. An old friend from Alexandria used to say,"Pendelton Co., Where men are men and sheep are women!":biggrin:

:lmao: Wow !!!:thatsfunn
Maybe highlands can stick it too the two ohio teams there playing, they beat a nationally ranked St. X Ohio team last year.
Highlands will travel to Boyle County in 2011 with the Rebels returning the favor in 2012.
Good schedule. Do you think Highlands will be able to compete on a national level next year?
SweetLemonade Wrote:Good schedule. Do you think Highlands will be able to compete on a national level next year?

NO
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:ok, and what possible good would this serve?

Both teams will get a crap load of $$$.

I also think it would be a great experience for both teams.

Also, if you want to play that card, what possible good would scheduling Mason County serve?
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'm not a 100% sure on that one. I know both parties agreed to a home-and-home series with one another for 2 years. I believe, if memory serves me, it will be at Boyle next year. I'll double check that though and let you know for sure.

not for sure,but i heard that Boyle was having a bowl game starting next yr... would this be the bowl opener