Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 5A?
Why not a look see at Bowling Green while we are at it:

Aug 21, 10 Southwestern at WKU 52 - 0 (W) Click
Aug 27, 10 Daviess County at KWC Steel Stadium/Rash Stadium 66 - 0 (W) Sep 3, 10 Franklin-Simpson home 35 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 10, 10 Warren East away 53 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 17, 10 Owensboro away 44 - 20 (W) Click
Sep 24, 10 Trinity (Louisville) home 12 - 14 (L) Click
Oct 1, 10 Grayson County away 41 - 27 (W) Click
Oct 15, 10 Doss home 36 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 22, 10 Warren Central away 14 - 17 (L) Click
Oct 29, 10 Barren County home 52 - 6 (W)
Christian County lost to Boyle County. They're hardly going to strike the fear in anyone.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Christian County lost to Boyle County. They're hardly going to strike the fear in anyone.

Because everyone knows Boyle County really stinks.
Well i highly doubt Highland will lose another game while being in 5A.
Highlands 44 Christian Co. 14
I think in the east it is Highlands or JC. I will give edge to Highlands.
In the west it is wide open with several teams with a chance to advace; Christian Co, BG, Warren. or JH. I give the node to BG. BG has played a tougher schedule and should be ready at playoff time.
sstack Wrote:I think in the east it is Highlands or JC. I will give edge to Highlands.
In the west it is wide open with several teams with a chance to advace; Christian Co, BG, Warren. or JH. I give the node to BG. BG has played a tougher schedule and should be ready at playoff time.

Has played a tougher schedule then who? Christian County's schedule is tougher. Christian County still has time to fix the defensive line woes and in high school football that is doable. I don't know that we will advance, but I think we have as good of chance as anybody from the west.
Once a Colonel Wrote:Has played a tougher schedule then who? Christian County's schedule is tougher. Christian County still has time to fix the defensive line woes and in high school football that is doable. I don't know that we will advance, but I think we have as good of chance as anybody from the west.

I meant tougher than JH. I agree your schedule is tougher than JH also. JH had weak schedule and there firsrt three games in the playoffs they play very weak teams. I think BG or CC could come out of the east, it is a tough pick.
I think John Hardin's weak schedule will bite them in the playoffs. According to Massey, Christian County has played the 8th toughest schedule in the state, right behind Highlands. I think CC or BG will come out of the west.
sstack Wrote:I think in the east it is Highlands or JC. I will give edge to Highlands.

I agree, however, if the Highlands-JC game is played, who would get the home field advantage? I think if JC gets it, then it could factor out differently.
I still see Highlands from the east.

As for the west, I see Bowling Green. Its a toss up between those schools but Bg is just my opinion.
I think if JC were to play highlands at home it would be a very good ball game. It wouldnt surprise me if the eagles were to beat them.
Higlands may have finally lost a game, but they won't lose another one. Highlands takes it.
king360 Wrote:Higlands may have finally lost a game, but they won't lose another one. Highlands takes it.

:Thumbs:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Just curious, how good is warren central and john hardin? What type of offenses do they run? power or finess?

I think Warren Central threw maybe twice against Bowling Green. Their running Backs are fast and their fullback is a monster. I think they run the wing T. John hardin I think is more rounded but have two backs averaging over 100 yds. per game. Their overall team speed is just plain fast.
adopted purple Wrote:I think Warren Central threw maybe twice against Bowling Green. Their running Backs are fast and their fullback is a monster. I think they run the wing T. John hardin I think is more rounded but have two backs averaging over 100 yds. per game. Their overall team speed is just plain fast.

What is different about JH from last year, good and bad?
Bowling Green plays a good Madisonville N. Hopkins team in the first round at home. If they continue to win they will have to play on the road at probably Christian County then Warren Central and then John Hardin. I think this is the toughest road to the finals in all classes. If they make it put your money on the Purples. I might add that Bowling Green has 33 Juniors on this team. To be honest I think Highlands is moving to 4A at the right time.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green plays a good Madisonville N. Hopkins team in the first round at home. If they continue to win they will have to play on the road at probably Christian County then Warren Central and then John Hardin. I think this is the toughest road to the finals in all classes. If they make it put your money on the Purples. I might add that Bowling Green has 33 Juniors on this team. To be honest I think Highlands is moving to 4A at the right time.
WoW!! 33 juniors, Johnson Central probably don't have over 40 players sophamore thru senior.
adopted purple Wrote:I think Warren Central threw maybe twice against Bowling Green. Their running Backs are fast and their fullback is a monster. I think they run the wing T.

4/6, 24 yards, and 1 INT.

Central can pass and does against weaker teams, but they'll mostly just try to line up and grind it out. They've rushed 370 times on the year for 2,201 yards, against 41/85 passing for 463 yards. Just over 40% of that passing yardage came from the Barren County game alone. If they run into a team that shuts the run down, they're in trouble. One of the reasons it took them so long to score against Bowling Green is that a penalty or negative play put them in longer yardage, where they do not do well.

The Dragons do run the Wing T, a staple of Mike Rogers. He implemented it at Graves County, and learned it as an assistant at Nelson County.

The Dragons have four RBs that have rushed for 200+, all of which average over 5.5 yards per carry. Two of the backs (Smith & Barber) average 80-85 yards per game.

The offense is more of a "just enough" kind of thing, or maybe just as much "don't hurt us". Their true strength lies in their defense, one of the best at Central since I've been following them.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green plays a good Madisonville N. Hopkins team in the first round at home. If they continue to win they will have to play on the road at probably Christian County then Warren Central and then John Hardin. I think this is the toughest road to the finals in all classes. If they make it put your money on the Purples. I might add that Bowling Green has 33 Juniors on this team. To be honest I think Highlands is moving to 4A at the right time.

Wow. Highlands is moving at the right time. Really. Bowling Green hasn't beaten Highlands in 15 years. Highlands has won 8 titles since then. Highlands replaced 20 of 22 starters this season. They also have a ton back next year including the QB. Highlands doesn't have to worry about Bowling Green. Its coming up on 2 decades since Bowling Green has won anything.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:WoW!! 33 juniors, Johnson Central probably don't have over 40 players sophamore thru senior.

JH has about 29 Juniors and 4 or 5 starting defensive backs are Sophomores. We did lose our quarterback to graduation but Junior Eli Mitchell is proving he can lead.
I believe this is the best defensive unit JH has put on the field. They did play a weak schedule. The JV played most of the second half in several games. 3 of the games against weaker opponents had a running clock at half or shortly in the 3rd.
As far as schedule comparisons; JH beat Doss 39-3 - Bowling Green beat Doss 36-0.
sstack Wrote:What is different about JH from last year, good and bad?

John Hardin's backfield is pretty loaded this year. Savoy averages 13.6 ypc and Harness averages 12.5 ypc. Our fullback (Brown) is averaging 7.5 ypc. Our qb is not as experienced as Dingle was when we met Highlands in Bowling Green, but I believe he has a better arm. Defensively, I believe John Hardin is better than last year. We have a whole lot of speed off the line.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wow. Highlands is moving at the right time. Really. Bowling Green hasn't beaten Highlands in 15 years. Highlands has won 8 titles since then. Highlands replaced 20 of 22 starters this season. They also have a ton back next year including the QB. Highlands doesn't have to worry about Bowling Green. Its coming up on 2 decades since Bowling Green has won anything.

I'm just stating facts. I didn't say anything bad about your mighty Highlands team. A team that just lost to Ryle and now everyone thinks their invincible. I'm just talking about this year and next year. Believe me we all know about Highlands past accomplishments, because we hear it all the time. I said if Bowling Green makes it to the finals against the opponents they will have to play that I think the Purples would win. I basically said that I think Bowling Green would beat Highlands next year because they will have 33 seniors next year. I still feel the same way. Now go back to tooting highlands horn some more.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wow. Highlands is moving at the right time. Really. Bowling Green hasn't beaten Highlands in 15 years. Highlands has won 8 titles since then. Highlands replaced 20 of 22 starters this season. They also have a ton back next year including the QB. Highlands doesn't have to worry about Bowling Green. Its coming up on 2 decades since Bowling Green has won anything.

Your right, Bowling Greens last victory against Highlands was 15 years ago (Not 2 Decades) in the 1995 State Championship game.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:WoW!! 33 juniors, Johnson Central probably don't have over 40 players sophamore thru senior.

JC has 53 freshman and sophmores!
:please: I'm no BG fan, but Highlands has only beaten BG once in the past 15 years.

What a ridiculous statement.