Poll: Who would you take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
58.11%
Corey Davenport - Bell County
41.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Jude or Corey Davenport
horst muhlmann Wrote:I haven't seen either back but both sounds like excellent HS RBs. On a side note, I witnessed Woodford County's defense last night and their defense was woeful. Just an observation.

Are both of these backs seniors?

Davenport is a Junior and I think Jude is as well.
After seeing both against Boyle County's defense I have to cast my vote to JJ Jude and IMO it's not even close. Jude is the best rb I have seen from an opposing team and Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine is right behind Jude based on what I have seen. It has taken Davenport 2 games to TOTAL over 100 yards rushing against Boyle County.
RebelPride12 Wrote:After seeing both against Boyle County's defense I have to cast my vote to JJ Jude and IMO it's not even close. Jude is the best rb I have seen from an opposing team and Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine is right behind Jude based on what I have seen. It has taken Davenport 2 games to TOTAL over 100 yards rushing against Boyle County.

I agree RebelPride12, I wanted to wait and cast my vote after we played Bell last night to give Davenport a chance to change my mind, but Jude is, IMO, the clear cut better rb of the two. Shure, his stats are padded somewhat, but he also earns the majority of those stats against some very tough opponents.
I'd say Jude as well. I haven't seen much in 2 games from Davenport.

Can we also vote for Cameron Thomas or Bubba Tandy?
Judging from what each player did against the Boyle's defense, JJ Jude is clearly better.
I wanted to wait until after I saw Davenport again to cast my vote as well.
Still hard for me to say. Jude was very good against Boyle but it was the first game of the season. Boyles defense was good but inexperienced (in some positions), not the same by the time Davenport got to Boyle.
Jude.
Bell defeated JC 42-18 earlier in the year. if i could i'd love to have them both on my team but i'm gonna go with Jude
flatlander Wrote:Still hard for me to say. Jude was very good against Boyle but it was the first game of the season. Boyles defense was good but inexperienced (in some positions), not the same by the time Davenport got to Boyle.

That was a somewhat healthy Boyle D that played Johnson Central. When we played them in game 1 in 2009 we shut them down. In 2010, game 1 Jude ran all over us. In 2009, Davenport scores on us. In 2010 his brother did. On 3 pass plays. Case closed to me.
I too would take Jude over Davenport. I'd take the East Jessamine runningback over them all as the best Jr. runningback I've seen this year. They all are good, but the East guy has more size to go with the speed.
Rebel55 Wrote:I too would take Jude over Davenport. I'd take the East Jessamine runningback over them all as the best Jr. runningback I've seen this year. They all are good, but the East guy has more size to go with the speed.

I'd take Jude over Thomas easy . He made us look silly on more than one occasion. I didn't see Thomas after the Rebel Walk of the second game and while Thomas ran good on us in the first game he only scored off of an interception return not a rush. Jude for Mr. Football 2011.:Thumbs:
East Jessamine running back cameron thomas is obviously a exsplosive back. one of the best ive seen. he just makes people look silly in several occasions. hes fast , very elusive and strong. in the franklin co. game first round , there were times were he just lowerd his head and ran there defense over and put them on there back. he also plays the free safety position and brings the wood every play.

watch the 2nd play as he floors this kid

JJ Jude, Cameron Thomas, Corey Davenport ... in that order. Our 'D' was a little banged up and inexperienced vs JC the first game. We were more healthy and experienced vs Bell this weekend. That being said, my vote is still for JJ Jude!
Seen'em both I'll take J.J. Jude
Jude is great as well is Davenport but regardless of all the talk Little D wasn.t 100% when he got tackled or blocked to the ground even the ref's had to help him up but this time of year if you r healthy you are lucky i would love to have jude with the Big Blue Nation next season lol!!!!!! Anyone that seen davenport healthy or play against him healthy would beg to differ.
BobcatForever Wrote:Jude is great as well is Davenport but regardless of all the talk Little D wasn.t 100% when he got tackled or blocked to the ground even the ref's had to help him up but this time of year if you r healthy you are lucky i would love to have jude with the Big Blue Nation next season lol!!!!!! Anyone that seen davenport healthy or play against him healthy would beg to differ.

Honestly, I wondered about how healthy he was last Friday night. As much as I have heard about him I wanted to see him do good last Friday. But not that good.:dontthink

I trust he is a great running back but when I saw him get ran down by one of our defensive lineman I had to wonder how healthy he was.

Good luck to him in the future. His brother played a heck of a game on Friday.
Both will be defensive backs in college at NAIA level
#20 from mason is better than both
There are alot of great players in the mountains but Davenport has the quickest take off i have seen the canady kid from knox tried to run him down in the game in october know where even close and he had finished in the top 5 at a national combine but like i said if you are even close to being healthy this time of year you are blessed good luck Boyle in finals!!!:Thumbs: