Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 14-1 and a State Title a bad year at Highlands?
Big news. Highlands lost a game. Now they've been written off for dead. Should they go on and win the state title, with a loss to a ky team(Ryle), does that make it a bad season? Apparently the bar is higher than we thought for Highlands. Not only do they have to win the title, but must never even have 1 bad game where they lose. I feel confident that even with the down year and title this season, the next 3 years will be 15-0 title teams.
hey nothing like counting those chickens..........................
14-1 & a state title is a great year for any team.... but you must win the games & title first.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Big news. Highlands lost a game. Now they've been written off for dead. Should they go on and win the state title, with a loss to a ky team(Ryle), does that make it a bad season? Apparently the bar is higher than we thought for Highlands. Not only do they have to win the title, but must never even have 1 bad game where they lose. I feel confident that even with the down year and title this season, the next 3 years will be 15-0 title teams.

Your assuming they will win some more games. Could be one and done? Or they could get better and move on.
Anytime you win a State Title it is a Great Year regardless!!
Any time you win a state title is a great year. Tilghman was 4-6 going into the playoffs last year and ended up 9-6 with a state championship. Might not get 9-6 engraved on your ring, but still a great year!
Buddy Ryan Wrote:Your assuming they will win some more games. Could be one and done? Or they could get better and move on.

First round game agianst a 1-9 or 2-8 team, Get real about one and done.
So Highlands has already won the rest of their games?
Benchwarmer Wrote:So Highlands has already won the rest of their games?

Did not say they are going to win the rest, said they are not going to be one and done in the playoffs when they play a team that should not even be in the playoffs.
sstack Wrote:Did not say they are going to win the rest, said they are not going to be one and done in the playoffs when they play a team that should not even be in the playoffs.

Thread title 14 and 1?
The loss hurts a little, but 14 and 1 with a state title sounds good to me. Just hope they don't have to play crippled up again. Anybody know the condition of Gold? How about the starters that couldn't play last night. Someone on here said 5 were missing.
I would gladly go 5-5 with a title.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would gladly go 5-5 with a title.

yea like Louisville Central
Highlands is still the team to beat. Johnson Central has no chance to do it.
Ill take a State title any day no matter the record.
Serving Aces Wrote:Highlands is still the team to beat. Johnson Central has no chance to do it.

By looking at some of your previous posts, you seem to have ties to the JC school system with your child going to or having attended JC. Maybe they can, maybe they can't...but sounds like you are always negative towards the school, maybe sour grapes?