Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 4A football Alignment
Football1 Wrote:You could add me to that pic for a 3 way fist bump. Plus, I'm far more handsome than those two in real life.

In 08 we were the 2nd best team in the state and never even won the district or got to leave region. This year, the same thing could happen again if Bell wins state. Not sad to see them go! Spread the love and let a couple of teams from this area open a can at the state level. You could see a Bell 3A and a Knox 4A state championship next year if Highlands happens to miss bus to our game... LOL.

I beg to differ,you might have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the state in o8 but you were not 2nd best.in my opinion the best team in the state didnt win the state title in 4a in 08.
easyM Wrote:Football1 I like this post but I guarantee you that certain posters (won't mention names) from Boyle will jump all over this. Trust me, it's a matter of time.lol
I for one would love to see Bell and Knox both in the state final games along with some other teams from this area as well.
Far be it for me to incite the good folks from Boyle - but I stand by what I said. Bell was awesome in 08 and we were nipping at their heels. But that wasn't enough to get us out of Region...
Jack Lambert Wrote:I beg to differ,you might have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the state in o8 but you were not 2nd best.in my opinion the best team in the state didnt win the state title in 4a in 08.
Jack - I'm still such a huge fan it is hard for me to disagree with you. Glad to see Ben back though cause the Steeler offense missed him... ;-)

Who was the best team in 4A in 08 if it was not the Bell team that won it?
Football1 Wrote:Jack - I'm still such a huge fan it is hard for me to disagree with you. Glad to see Ben back though cause the Steeler offense missed him... ;-)

Who was the best team in 4A in 08 if it was not the Bell team that won it?

Boyle went to Bell turned the ball over 6 times had a touchdown called back,and 3 of the turnovers were inside Bells 20 yd line,and still had a chance to win on the last drive of the game. so yes i think Boyle was the best team in 4a in 08. Im glad to see Ben back to if we had beat the ravens sunday we could really have taken control of the division,but i think we may have the best team in the NFL this year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle went to Bell turned the ball over 6 times had a touchdown called back,and 3 of the turnovers were inside Bells 20 yd line,and still had a chance to win on the last drive of the game. so yes i think Boyle was the best team in 4a in 08. Im glad to see Ben back to if we had beat the ravens sunday we could really have taken control of the division,but i think we may have the best team in the NFL this year.
As do I. Nobody thought they could even survive never mind win without Ben. They did that and more and I think they will make another run for the ring.

Sounds like Boyle did shoot the proverbial foot with turnovers. Knox may have been 3rd best that year... Point is with Bell in our District only one of us gets to move on to play the rest of the states best. With them in 3A, we both get that op. Good for me.
Hatz Wrote:Outside of a District of Highlands, Boyle, Johnson Central & Lexington Catholic - who would you suggest that the Birds be in a District with? :popcorn: Truth is, other than the above mentioned District, Highlands is a lock in any NKY combination right now. :Thumbs:
I'm just frustrated and wish we had better competition in NKY. I'd like to make that 40 minute drive to DCM to watch a game, but it has to be worth it. Can't stand going to a game and getting shafted by the running clock.
Alright users, lets get back to the topic at hand.