Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coal Grove, OH 20 Greenup Co. 7
This is what happens when priorities are all mixed up.
FBALL Wrote:This is what happens at greenup.
I agree..
You changed my post in that quote.
FBALL Wrote:You changed my post in that quote.

LMAO!!! :lmao:
I am a Raceland fan but I really hate seeing the kids from any team pay the debt for poor community support or staff and coaches. Greenup has a great community support and parent support and I know many very well, they don't need this crap in football or basketball. I like seeing every local school do good unless we are playing them. I really would love to see boyd co. get back to where they use to be also. It would be great if people hated playing this part of the state. WAKE GREENUP BOARD get some seasoned coaches that has proved themselves. You have one of the best in baseball and very good man he is! You surely can find more. You have had a couple in basketball and for some silly reason fired them.
There is nothing wrong with Copley. Logan hasnt had to deal with the "parent" problems that you have in football and basketball. IF logan were faced with the things Copley has been lately, he would have done the same thing Copley did. If you know Greg, you know that he wouldnt let the parents run the show either.
Thats Right,
Its true that GC has some wonderful parents but its an odd situation. The good parents take a back seat to the crazy parents that do not have a concern about the team doing well. They only concern themselves with their child and are very willing to throw the other players and the team if necessary under the bus. Until the good parents stand up and take control GC will be a death bed for coaches. Check all coaches that have left GC and you will find that most if not all are very successful after they leave.
Coach Logan has done a great job but keep in mind he coached most of those kids since they were in short pants. Last year you saw major violations of players off the field. Most coaches would have dismissed players for what they did Coach Logan chose not too. He won the region but might have set a bad example for the future. We shall see.
What is going on with the Athletic Directors position? Has it been filled. GC too big a school to go without such an important position.
esse quam videri Wrote:since the middle school debacle was brought up on this thread, i thought it would be appropriate to bring up the latest. I spoke to a father of one of the 8th graders and he said there are 7 kids not currently playing. The excuse is the flu, more like the blue flu that union workers get if you get my drift. He is concerned about the well being of the players still playing, with so many starters out. What was a promising year for their team is now shredded in turmoil. I'm not sure what this means for the future of the program. With the actions that occured on the sidelines between the fans and the coaches friday night and with what has transpired at the 8th grade level and with the new district for next year, things look bleak for the musketeers.

suprise!!!!
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:Since the Middle School debacle was brought up on this thread, I thought it would be appropriate to bring up the latest. I spoke to a father of one of the 8th graders and he said there are 7 kids not currently playing. The excuse is the flu, more like the blue flu that union workers get if you get my drift. He is concerned about the well being of the players still playing, with so many starters out. What was a promising year for their team is now shredded in turmoil. I'm not sure what this means for the future of the program. With the actions that occured on the sidelines between the fans and the coaches Friday night and with what has transpired at the 8th grade level and with the new district for next year, things look bleak for the Musketeers.

Musketeer Wrote:There are quite a few schools who use 8th graders on the Freshman team. (Raceland is one of them.) This subject is old and everyone needs to get over it!
Yes.....but we don't force them to play.
I think Kosar Should be the football coach next year!!!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I think Kosar Should be the football coach next year!!!!
LOL, Too old, dumb and tired...Copley will still be here next year anyway.