Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most exciting player you seen this year?
J.J. Jude it seems like anytime he touches the ball good things happen. Also like to add in the little running back Cooper had he lit up JCs defense.
Ive seen JV Hooker and Lamar Dawson this year. Both exciting players to watch.
Mikey Moore of Sheldon Clark is a play maker and a very exciting player to watch.
Trinity's Quick is fun to watch. He is only a soph.; You are going to hear alot about this kid the rest of this year and the next 2.
I havent got to see alot of kids play this year but i think as far as defence Lamar Dawson from Boyle Co is one of the best around.
Lamar Dawson of Boyle Co, of course. Also, JJ Jude from Johnson Central and Corey Davenport & JD Hilton from Bell Co. ....Devon Cox has also looked great running the ball for our Rebels so far this year...
Darryl Beatty from PCC is always something to see.
Alan Boggs from the other PCC is a great QB.
I know this isn't KY football but it deserves an honorable mention.
WR#9 and HB#31 from Logan County(WV) were both VERY skilled offensive playmakers.
I think that Landon tackett kid from Betsy layne is really goood. very underated but thats hard to think when u average 23yards per catch in 4 straight games.....in betsy laynes loss to magoffin co last week he had 5 receptions for 107 yards
Cameron Thomas from East Jessamine
Another one I forgot to mention is:

Zach Eastham - Pulaski County, currently something like 2nd in the state in passing and he is a GREAT dual threat!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Clay's Hooker is tough. Catches the long ball and slam dunks with style.
JC's JJ Jude breaks tackles like matchsticks. Looks like MMA champ post game shoulder paddless.
Mboro has a kicker (Knuckles) who can boom them from the 60 yards out. Good pre-game show.
Knox: DLine (Codi Diamond; Jake Asher; Tyler Grubb; Scott Gilliam) operates like a 4 headed dragon. Best DLine in the mountains bar none.
Quote:yes agreed boggs has had a great season so far

i agree also. but as a former teammate it wouldnt surprise me not one bit if at the end of the season he transferred to pikeville or maybe belfry. the kid just dont know how to stay with one team. his roots are in breathitt, then he went to perry cent. now pike cent. just whos next boggy?:lmao:
Football1 Wrote:Clay's Hooker is tough. Catches the long ball and slam dunks with style.
JC's JJ Jude breaks tackles like matchsticks. Looks like MMA champ post game shoulder paddless.
Mboro has a kicker (Knuckles) who can boom them from the 60 yards out. Good pre-game show.
Knox: DLine (Codi Diamond; Jake Asher; Tyler Grubb; Scott Gilliam) operates like a 4 headed dragon. Best DLine in the mountains bar none.

I think Bell Co's Dline could argue for that title this year. JC didnt even score the 2 TD's until we was subbing late in the 4th.
09Dores Wrote:i agree also. but as a former teammate it wouldnt surprise me not one bit if at the end of the season he transferred to pikeville or maybe belfry. the kid just dont know how to stay with one team. his roots are in breathitt, then he went to perry cent. now pike cent. just whos next boggy?:lmao:

Be nice. I have been on here looking. And I have yet to find anything on here where Alan has been talking bad about you.:Thumbs:
I might alittle biased Becuase he is my son. Alan Boggs can sling that ball over 1400 yards 18 touchdowns rushing for 6 more on the ground not to bad.
East Jessamines OL, Ronnie King, Cory Kenion, Jake Estes, Justin Meyers, and Zack Templin, are an exciting group. They have paved the way for 1700+ yards and 20+ TD's on the ground in 4 games.
To Joe Joe:

I have been to 2 EJ games & 2 BC games this year. You are correct, EJ has a mean offensive line. On the flipside, BC has a mean D-line anchored by 280+ Thielemann in the middle with Wilson and McGilligan flanking each side. I can't wait until 10/22 for an unstoppable force to meet an immovable object. Specifically, I am looking forward to Thielemann (6'3"-280) and Templin (6'5"-291) going head to head. This should prove if either is ready for divison 1.
jackal405 Wrote:To Joe Joe:

I have been to 2 EJ games & 2 BC games this year. You are correct, EJ has a mean offensive line. On the flipside, BC has a mean D-line anchored by 280+ Thielemann in the middle with Wilson and McGilligan flanking each side. I can't wait until 10/22 for an unstoppable force to meet an immovable object. Specifically, I am looking forward to Thielemann (6'3"-280) and Templin (6'5"-291) going head to head. This should prove if either is ready for divison 1.

I completely agree with you. It will take alot of things to go EJ way to win that game on 10/22. Even though they may not win, I think it will be closer than in the past.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think Bell Co's Dline could argue for that title this year. JC didnt even score the 2 TD's until we was subbing late in the 4th.
By your own admission what makes Bell great is speed and an All State LB in Hilton. Bell's DLine is very good. But our 4 are simply the best. Gilliam was Lineman of the year last year as a Junior and will repeat this year if coaches have a brain. Diamond is a solid D2 recruit as a Junior. Grubb rarely even gets blocked unless you use two and Asher has been a load all year.

These guys are not just tying up blockers. They are drowning RBs in the backfield, putting QBs on their backs, and making mom's in the stands ask their sons to join the band. Best in the mountains - bar none - even mighty Bell.

Now, stopping Davenport - that will require more than a great DLine. That will take 11 defenders all doing their job, beating blocks, wrapping up, and prayers from the mom's in the stands and likely a few trap doors (Newly Installed) on the field that sucks him up and drops him off on an island somewhere in the tropics. He would still likely average 19 yards a carry moving coconuts across the island.
Zack Templin, has to be up there for one of the exciting plays I've seen on defence this year. If he wasn't 6'5" and nearly 300 pounds it might have not been, but at his size to scoop up a fumble 4 yards deep in the backfield and return it 50 yards with a diving shoestring tackle the only reason there was no TD. Thats pretty exciting in my opinion. This play was on 09/24
Football1 Wrote:By your own admission what makes Bell great is speed and an All State LB in Hilton. Bell's DLine is very good. But our 4 are simply the best. Gilliam was Lineman of the year last year as a Junior and will repeat this year if coaches have a brain. Diamond is a solid D2 recruit as a Junior. Grubb rarely even gets blocked unless you use two and Asher has been a load all year.

These guys are not just tying up blockers. They are drowning RBs in the backfield, putting QBs on their backs, and making mom's in the stands ask their sons to join the band. Best in the mountains - bar none - even mighty Bell.

Now, stopping Davenport - that will require more than a great DLine. That will take 11 defenders all doing their job, beating blocks, wrapping up, and prayers from the mom's in the stands and likely a few trap doors (Newly Installed) on the field that sucks him up and drops him off on an island somewhere in the tropics. He would still likely average 19 yards a carry moving coconuts across the island.

What D2 schools he hearing from?
Norm Peterson Wrote:Alex is very underappreciated. He gets lost with all the attention Derrick Jackson, JP Henderlight, Storm Wilson, Zack Bastin and Erik Manning get for Somerset but he's a key member of the team. For the season he has rushed 20 times for 226 yards and 4 touchdowns an average of 11.3 yards per carry, caught 3 passs for 96 yards and a touchdown an average of 32 yards a catch, he has only had to punt in 3 out of 5 games but I know against Danville he had 4 punts for 200 yards an average of 50 yards per punt. He also starts at outside linebacker and 12 tackles in the first 4 games. He's also the backup quarterback. He's just an all-around football player and one of the unsung heroes of the team so far.
You can go on and on about so many players on this team, they are so deep on both sides of the field. One names not mentioned is #26 Trey Slaughter. Trey is one of the most dominate defensive players I've seen in a long long time. He simply does what he wants, when he wants. He has both speed and strength. I know offense gets most of the hype, but I would pay to watch this kid play every Friday night. BTW- he squats over 685 pounds and is only a Junior.
I will say Zach Eastham and Alex Abner are fun to watch.
09Dores Wrote:i agree also. but as a former teammate it wouldnt surprise me not one bit if at the end of the season he transferred to pikeville or maybe belfry. the kid just dont know how to stay with one team. his roots are in breathitt, then he went to perry cent. now pike cent. just whos next boggy?:lmao:

Boggs is a great young man but this is BS. You act as thoug you know him by your calling him "Boggsy". Which was you?
William Boggs Wrote:I might alittle biased Becuase he is my son. Alan Boggs can sling that ball over 1400 yards 18 touchdowns rushing for 6 more on the ground not to bad.

You should be very proud & we're very happy he's a Hawk! Terrific kid great arm! Looking forward to rest of season! Go HAWKS!
:1:
Jumper Football Dad Wrote:You can go on and on about so many players on this team, they are so deep on both sides of the field. One names not mentioned is #26 Trey Slaughter. Trey is one of the most dominate defensive players I've seen in a long long time. He simply does what he wants, when he wants. He has both speed and strength. I know offense gets most of the hype, but I would pay to watch this kid play every Friday night. BTW- he squats over 685 pounds and is only a Junior.

Trey is great. It is huge for our team that we are able to play a 3-4 and only rush 3 down lineman and still put pressure on the quarterback. Against Danville Trey was simply a man amongst boys. He dominated the entire 1st part of the game so they put two guys on him to block him and then he dominated the entire 2nd part of the game. I don't know how well the stats are kept for it but he could be in contention for all time TFL leader by the time he graduates.

BTW, welcome to the crew JFD, always nice to have another Somerset fan on here!
Bell's DLine is **** good with his unique professional skills and I put him as a best and exciting player throughout the year and wish him good luck for this future endeavors.