Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 55 Boone Co 0
Highlands put this game away quick.
Ouch! If the passing game is working for HHS it is all over. Even with their 1st and 2nd running backs hurt.
2dog Wrote:Ouch! If the passing game is working for HHS it is all over. Even with their 1st and 2nd running backs hurt.

Also heard that their holder and long snapper are hurt. The Birds just keeps playing with their subs!
I would say that most of their subs would be starters on many of the teams in the state.
Congrats Highlands
Games like this can lull the Bird faithful into a false sense of security. I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but this game does little for the Birds. They may or may not be the same team that Ryle almost beat a few weeks ago. Only the rematch will ultimately answer that question....Until then, don't be so quick to make room for another title this year.:dontthink
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Games like this can lull the Bird faithful into a false sense of security. I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but this game does little for the Birds. They may or may not be the same team that Ryle almost beat a few weeks ago. Only the rematch will ultimately answer that question....Until then, don't be so quick to make room for another title this year.:dontthink

But you were the guy saying that this game would be closer than what others thought.
Aw, who really believes a word I say?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Aw, who really believes a word I say?
Thats ok bro. We need the variety. Hard to believe Boone got beat that bad. I listened to the game and it could have been much worse. Next week will be a real test for HHS. Go Birds! 20 in 10!
OUCH!! But, I think everyone saw this one sided win coming. Congrats Highlands!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Beat down city. I thought this one would be closer.
Midee1 Wrote:I would say that most of their subs would be starters on many of the teams in the state.

I would be happy with highlands third string at Paintsville lol.
2dog Wrote:Thats ok bro. We need the variety. Hard to believe Boone got beat that bad. I listened to the game and it could have been much worse. Next week will be a real test for HHS. Go Birds! 20 in 10!

Just curious, What do you base that on?
2dog Wrote:Thats ok bro. We need the variety. Hard to believe Boone got beat that bad. I listened to the game and it could have been much worse. Next week will be a real test for HHS. Go Birds! 20 in 10!

Boone was without their #1 & #2 RB's, they were completely one dimensional, and not the dimension that they are any good at.
Stardust Wrote:Boone was without their #1 & #2 RB's, they were completely one dimensional, and not the dimension that they are any good at.
Thanks, I didn't know that.
RepeatRings Wrote:Just curious, What do you base that on?
You made me take another look. After checking it out Eastern doesn't look as tough as I thought. I stand corrected!
Congrats Highlands
Stardust Wrote:Boone was without their #1 & #2 RB's, they were completely one dimensional, and not the dimension that they are any good at.

In all fairness, Highlands was with out their #1 and #2 RB's also.:lmao:
sstack Wrote:In all fairness, Highlands was with out their #1 and #2 RB's also.:lmao:
Nice to go three deep and not miss a beat!

Isn't Oppenhiemer their starting RB?
congrats to Highlands

Unless I'm mistaken, Oppenheimer is Boone's #1 RB and he played the entire first half; didn't do much, but that was not due to him. I actually felt sorry for him because he's a heck of a ball player. But he did play the entire first half.

And Boone wasn't good at any dimension in this game.
charlie22 Wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, Oppenheimer is Boone's #1 RB and he played the entire first half; didn't do much, but that was not due to him. I actually felt sorry for him because he's a heck of a ball player. But he did play the entire first half.

And Boone wasn't good at any dimension in this game.

I agree with you charlie22 in that this kid didn't have a chance. I know he had guys trying to block for him, but it seemed almost like it was 11 on 1 most of the night.

The Boone County field in my opinion was borderline dangerous. Could they not have sprayed it down a little? I know Bellevue has grass and it looks like they work their butts off on it keeping it in the best shape they can.
This picture tells a lot about the field. Boone might be the worst excuse for a football field in NKY.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...s=Itemnr=3
Can you dig it? Wrote:This picture tells a lot about the field. Boone might be the worst excuse for a football field in NKY.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...s=Itemnr=3

Heck, those pictures make the field look better than it actually was. :biggrin:

No one can ever accuse Boone of attempting to water down the field for the game against Highlands. Heck, I don't think any one can accuse Boone of even watering the field at all over the last 2 months. It was dry as a bone and in the middle of the field, every tackle kicked up a bunch of dust. I know the artificial turf has spoiled a lot of us, but it's a shame that Boone hadn't taken better care of the grass on the field by regularly watering it. Based on the condition, they couldn't have watered it in quite some time.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Aw, who really believes a word I say?

No one!

Highlands continues to roll toward 20n10
horst muhlmann Wrote:No one!

Highlands continues to roll toward 20n10

lol. Don't worry, horse, time will heal the forum wounds that I've obviously inflicted on you.:biggrin:
charlie22 Wrote:Heck, those pictures make the field look better than it actually was. :biggrin:

No one can ever accuse Boone of attempting to water down the field for the game against Highlands. Heck, I don't think any one can accuse Boone of even watering the field at all over the last 2 months. It was dry as a bone and in the middle of the field, every tackle kicked up a bunch of dust. I know the artificial turf has spoiled a lot of us, but it's a shame that Boone hadn't taken better care of the grass on the field by regularly watering it. Based on the condition, they couldn't have watered it in quite some time.

I think they're taking that whole "three yards and a cloud of dust" FAR too literally.:eyeroll:
Congrats Highlands!!