Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship Trophies
Like em or would you change the look? What kind of designs would you do to change what the trophies look like. This also includes district, region, semi state and state championship trophies. I like it when it looked like the actual state of Kentucky. Thoughts or input?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Like the saying, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
I know what you are saying, but what was wrong with the trophies 5 years ago or do they usually change it every so often?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I preferred the shape of Kentucky.
I've never seen one! Post some pics!

I would, but I never can get it to show up in my posts and it just ****es me off. lol.
I can't stand the Trophy's. They are cheaply made. The plaques fall off and the base is to big to fit in a traditional trophy case. The football trophy looks like the soccer trophy, which looks like every other track, crosscountry, baseball trophy etc, etc.

Basketball gets a beautiful trophy, why can't football.

I have a design in mind that is classic and sturdy.
tradition Wrote:I can't stand the Trophy's. They are cheaply made. The plaques fall off and the base is to big to fit in a traditional trophy case. The football trophy looks like the soccer trophy, which looks like every other track, crosscountry, baseball trophy etc, etc.

Basketball gets a beautiful trophy, why can't football.

I have a design in mind that is classic and sturdy.

I to would prefer the one in the shape of KY. You talked about the awards in other sports and I have to say that they are cheap also. In track and cross country you get better awards during meets during the year than for winning a state championship. I feel that a kid who earns a state title should receive a nice award.
I don't know where I can get the pictures, but the shape of Kentucky is always good because it represents the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I would like to see about a three foot tall trophy, wood block pedistool large one in the middle with a bronze life size football on it flanked on each side with smaller pedistools. Simple yet classic. I have lately been around some of the older trophies and I can assure you that the quality from the 1950's and earlier trophies compared to the '60's on up is unbelieveable. Give me good ole classic sturdy quality any time compared to the plastic they give out now.

I have found out that the company that has provided the trophies has been doing so for along time. Maybe with the new regime at the KHSAA, they will open it up for a more competitive choice of trophies.
tradition Wrote:I would like to see about a three foot tall trophy, wood block pedistool large one in the middle with a bronze life size football on it flanked on each side with smaller pedistools. Simple yet classic. I have lately been around some of the older trophies and I can assure you that the quality from the 1950's and earlier trophies compared to the '60's on up is unbelieveable. Give me good ole classic sturdy quality any time compared to the plastic they give out now.

I have found out that the company that has provided the trophies has been doing so for along time. Maybe with the new regime at the KHSAA, they will open it up for a more competitive choice of trophies.
Maybe competition is what is needed to get a more quality trophy. Imo, the old style was more impressive.
Some of the other state have trophies that look like a plaque than it does a trophy. I really feel a state championship in any sport needs to have a trophy that really stands out from the rest of the district and regional championships.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The district, regional trophies used to be a lot nicer....When they were the state of kentucky
Anything to save money I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

UKFootball Wrote:The district, regional trophies used to be a lot nicer....When they were the state of kentucky

The State of Kentucky trophies may have looked alittle better but they are very flimmsy. Had to attempt to repair two of them. Not an easy thing to do. They are made so cheap you just cant repair.
They still need to make it in the shape of the state. Even the basketball state trophy as big as it is needs to be the shape of the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Like the saying, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

:Thumbs:
From the late 1980's till 1991 the district, region, semi and state trophies had the wooden state on them with a metal plate of the state on it, it looked like it was just glued onto the wood. In 1992, just the wooden state was used and the metal on it was no longer used. In 2007, the current trophies came into effect. IMO, the new ones stink and the wooden state trophies were the best around.