Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern's Kameron Woods commits to play basketball at Butler
Kameron Woods started the summer AAU basketball circuit as a little-known senior prospect, who was considered the fourth-best player at Eastern High School.

But the 6-foot-8 forward turned in some sensational performances for the BA Hoyas 17s team that helped him land 13 Division I college scholarship offers.

On Monday, Woods committed to Butler University.

"It's been unbelievable," Woods said Tuesday. "It couldn't have gone any better for me. I started kind of unknown, had 13 offers and now I am going to the NCAA runner-up. I couldn't ask for anything more."

Woods also had offers from Ohio University, IUPUI, Wright State, Eastern Kentucky, James Madison, Western Carolina, Morehead State, Georgetown, Miami (Ohio), Marshall, Tulane and Coastal Carolina.

But he said after spending some time with Butler coach Brad Stevens and seeing the campus, he was sold.

"What really did it for me was that I wanted to play for a guy like coach Stevens," Woods said. "We got along so well and he's a great guy. I believe everything he told me."

Woods is the son of Kevin Woods, a three-year starter at Tennessee. The father played on a high school team at Baltimore Dunbar featuring Muggsy Bogues, Reggie Williams, David Wingate and the late Reggie Lewis.

As a junior at Eastern, Woods averaged 8.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.6 blocked shots a game.

"I am glad it's over," Woods said. "It was fun but it can get stressful with all of the phone calls and stuff. Now, I am ready to work on winning a state championship."

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/lo...at-Butler/
With how good Butler has done over the last few years, Woods is going to an outstanding program. Congrats to him.
Congrats to the young man. He's headed to a good program with a great coach.
zone buster Wrote:Congrats to the young man. He's headed to a good program with a great coach.

I agree!!!
Woods is a great player and if you want to chance to see him play without going to Louisville during the season, he and his Eastern teammates will be playing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 27 at Sheldon Clark High School.
Doin it big at Butler, Congrats:Thumbs::rockon:
Jed Clampett Wrote:Woods is a great player and if you want to chance to see him play without going to Louisville during the season, he and his Eastern teammates will be playing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 27 at Sheldon Clark High School.

Who will Eastern be playing? Are the pairings for the Fast Lane Classic out yet? If so could someone start a thread on the scrimmage? Thanks.