Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprint Cup series coming to Kentucky
Kentucky Speedway has announced that the Sprint Cup series will be coming to Kentucky. The race is scheduled for July 9, 2011.

KS also announced they will be increasing the grandstand to 50,000 more seats, which would make the grandstand hold 116,000 fans.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/08/10...confirmed/
All i can say is it's about time and im glad we finally have a race
I am not a race fan, but it is about time. Kentucky has as many or more fans than anywhere in the nation. Good for the state.
Woo hoo. Season tickets here I come.
i think i heard on the news (correct me if i heard it wrong) that they expect about a $150,000,000.00 boost to the local economy for just that one race. that will be great for everyone in the area.
This is good to see! I hate to see Atlanta lose a race though. That was one of the best tracks on the circuit IMO. But, If AMS had to lose one. Im glad to see that its to another track in a Southern state with REAL race fans as opposed to another big city where they dont know anything, nor do they care, about racing. On that note Im glad california lost a race. IMO they dont deserve one date let alone two. I will probably go to the inaguaral race at KMS next year because of the historical significance of it. But, its ALOT closer for me to go to Bristol. Note to Bruton Smith: You might want to get Coach Cal as the grand marshall. That would be AWESOME!!!
I'm glad to see Ky getting a race as well. There are ALOT more true race fans here then in California.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Note to Bruton Smith: You might want to get Coach Cal as the grand marshall. That would be AWESOME!!!
He could also get Rick Pitino there to see if he can sing the national anthem in less than 15 seconds.
I must admit that I really don't care one bit about NASCAR, but I am still very happy about this. The race fans of Kentucky deserve a race of their own, and I think this will be a great shot in the arm for the state.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:He could also get Rick Pitino there to see if he can sing the national anthem in less than 15 seconds.

LMFAO!!!!!!

On a side note, I love this idea.. I wished my grandmother was still alive to see this.. She was quite the race fan and she was very passionate about Nascar. Her favorite driver was Jeff Gordon. I will more than likley be present for this race, just because it is in Kentucky. I'd love to go to some of the Bristol races.
all i can say its about time we finally got what we all been wanting in the bluegrass and wait and see if it dont become one of the hardest tickets to get then
If the races at Bristol don't improve, I might be tempted to give the KY Speedway a try.