Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds get Edmonds for Dickerson
[ame="http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2197211#post2197211"]Reds acquire Jim Edmonds for Chris Dickerson - Page 2 - RedsZone.com - Cincinnati Reds Fans' Home for Baseball Discussion[/ame]
Not a bad move imo. You get another veteran leader for a .205 hitter. I'd take that trade all day, even if Edmonds never steps foot on the field. Rolen has brought tons of experience and has really helped the young Reds. Getting Edmonds only helps things even more.
Sounds good to me!
.205 to .286 hitter and a vet on top of it all.....alll day trade
Sounds good. I hate Wood being sent down but sounds like he is coming back soon. Do they have to make a roster move for the trade? I thought they only had 39 on their 40 man roster anyway.
I really like the trade... I think that it gives the Reds some much needed offensive help in the outfield, a world class defensive players, and some more veteran leadership in the young outfield with Gomes, Bruce, Stubbs, Heisey! I think that he will be a big time push for the Reds to get into the post season. I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HOW IT PLAYS OUT!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bulldog149 Wrote:Sounds good. I hate Wood being sent down but sounds like he is coming back soon. Do they have to make a roster move for the trade? I thought they only had 39 on their 40 man roster anyway.
Yeah, they had to make that move. Wood had just made a start so they will send him down until his next scheduled start then bring him back up. Where Phillips was hurt, the Reds had to bring up Francisco to fill in a void in the infield. Now that Phillips is back, the Reds will send Francisco back down and bring back up Wood just in time for his next start.
I think this is a good trade for the Reds for the reasons everyone else has stated.
As mentioned before, I like the move for 2 reasons. Though Dickerson is a very solid player, he was not a fit for what the Reds have developed. You can't keep him on the bench for security, so giving him an opportunity to get a starting spot somewhere else was appropriate. The reason I like getting Edmonds is the veteran leadership he brings. I don't see him being a major contributor like Rolen, but he brings a wealth of Playoff and World Series experience to this young ball club. What he does for the younger players in teaching them how to handle the late season run will be more valuable than what hever ever does on the field.

Good move.
Moving Dickerson is no loss. However, if the Reds release/demote Nix to make room for Edmonds, it will be a bad move. Nix deserves more playing time. Edmonds has very little left and his injuries have caught up with him. He was a good outfielder although I believe he "timed" many of his diving catches with the highlight show in mind. He was never remotely in the league of Andruw Jones.
i agree with SD the sole reason for them make this late season trade is because they know that they can make an run in the playoffs. they'll need his experience when it come to the young'ns hitting walls just like leake did!!!