Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behanan 'serious' about Louisville
Bowling Green High School senior-to-be Chane Behanan is the only player from the state of Kentucky at the National Basketball Players Association top 100 camp this week.

And the 6-foot-6, 230-pound Behanan said he's going to make the most of his four-day stay in Charlottesville, Va., playing against the top competition.

"I am excited to be here and I am shocked to be the only one living in Kentucky to be here," Behanan said. "I look at it as an honor."

Behanan, a former commitment to Cincinnati, took a visit to Purdue last weekend and said he has heard from a lot of schools including Seton Hall, Kansas and Texas.

But he said Louisville and West Virginia are among the top of the list.

He said he has known West Virginia coach Bob Huggins "since I was in the eighth grade," and has been "building a great relationship with" the Louisville staff.

Behanan said Walter McCarty had been the point man on his recruitment but noted his leaving for the Indiana Pacers "won't hurt" the Cardinals chances.

"I'm serious as a heart attack" about Louisville, Behanan said. "Me and coach (Rick) Pitino kind of have a special connection. I have something special with (Pitino)."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...ville.html
Rumor is he will be going to Ballard this coming year.
I heard the same rumor....
He won MVP of the NBA camp. His scholly offer is about to sky rocket.
Gold Charger Wrote:Rumor is he will be going to Ballard this coming year.

justforfun Wrote:I heard the same rumor....

Nation Of Blue Just Tweeted That Chane Behanan Is Staying At Bowling Green High School!
As a UC fan I hate to hear this, but would love to see Chane end up at West Va with Coach Huggins instead of Louisville.
I think he'll be the next in-state recruit to play for Kentucky.
Get him Rick!!!
kywldcat01 Wrote:As a UC fan I hate to hear this, but would love to see Chane end up at West Va with Coach Huggins instead of Louisville.
If you are a UC fan, why is your name kywldcat01?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think he'll be the next in-state recruit to play for Kentucky.

I'm going to say he is going to be joining Mr. Justice at Louisville.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I'm going to say he is going to be joining Mr. Justice at Louisville.

Yep because Uk no longer considers these 3 and 4 star players!! :Thumbs:
^ I'm assuming that is a knock? He was the MVP of the NBA camp against 5* competition! I guess it would not be smart to keep him on the radar even if the STARS that don't mean crap, are wrong.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm assuming that is a knock? He was the MVP of the NBA camp against 5* competition! I guess it would not be smart to keep him on the radar even if the STARS that don't mean crap, are wrong.

Well don't assume anything because I wasn't knocking on the kid at all. It was suppose to be a joke if you were wondering. We sign 4* talent all the time. IE" (Poole&Hood) But I think either Coach Cal stopped recruiting this kid or the kid didn't have interest in us anymore because we just signed another 5* PF for that class!! :biggrin:
Most rankings have Behannan and the kid that just committed to UK almost exactly the same. One may be like 24th the other may be 25th! No difference at all. The only difference is what team you root for! Personally hope he goes to U of L. I think the kid is an NBA player....
devilschild Wrote:Most rankings have Behannan and the kid that just committed to UK almost exactly the same. One may be like 24th the other may be 25th! No difference at all. The only difference is what team you root for! Personally hope he goes to U of L. I think the kid is an NBA player....

:Thumbs:
Personally, IDC where he goes.. lol.. UK is getting talent wayyy better than him right now.. If he was to go to UK, he should feel lucky.
Behanan is a 5* recruit according to Rivals. #23 overall in his class. Davis is the only player that's at the fwd position ranked higher then him UK has a commitment from....where is the waaay better at??? -lol- If Behanan wanted to go to UK he coulda went! Let's not forget folks. Cal did offer for whatever reason folks wanna say he still did it. But when you have N. Carolina,O State, U of L, etc. on you it's easy to see why he'd wait....
Ballers Wrote:Personally, IDC where he goes.. lol.. UK is getting talent wayyy better than him right now.. If he was to go to UK, he should feel lucky.

There's no need for this. This is about a kid that is going to go to college to further his education and play ball. I'm not sure if they are better than he is but that doesn't matter. We don't need to be on here telling him how much better other players are!
I hope he doesnt go to Louisville. I hate the tards, i mean cards! lol jk He's a really good ball player. I hope he does good, no matter where he goes
I would love for this kid to come to UK him (or any other kid) and Lacey are key parts for this class to be complete.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah, i would too. If we could get a good shooting guard we'll be set for next season
Captain Backdoor Wrote:There's no need for this. This is about a kid that is going to go to college to further his education and play ball. I'm not sure if they are better than he is but that doesn't matter. We don't need to be on here telling him how much better other players are!

It's a sports discussion forum where opinions are made. Confusedhh:
Wildcats11 Wrote:It's a sports discussion forum where opinions are made. Confusedhh:

But when those opinions talk down hill about a player that's when it becomes unnecessary.
Ummm.. I wasn't talking down on him? I didn't say he was horrible, or his game was trash..
I slightly stated that UK is getting better talent than him right now and if he were able to join the great UK crew then he should feel honored. And it's the truth, sorry.
Everyone will know tomorrow where he is going. He is scheduled to announce tomorrow morning around 10:00 central time. I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he is going to announce that he's going to the ville