Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins hires new coach
Jenkins has hired former East Ridge coach Eric Ratliff as their head coach. This is a great hire for the Cavaliers as they seek to rebuild their struggling program!
eric will be a great fit for jenkins....will do a great job
Congrats Jenkins on there new hire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Congrats, Hope to see the green back on the winning track soon.
Ancient history.

In 1980 Billy Hicks, currently the head coach at Scott County, applied for the Jenkins head coaching position. I wonder how things would have turned out for Hicks and for Jenkins High School if Hicks had been hired at Jenkins.
It certainly couldn't have hurt Jenkins, but Hicks had a nice run at Evarts in the early 80s he might not have been able to duplicate at Jenkins.
rojas Wrote:Ancient history.

In 1980 Billy Hicks, currently the head coach at Scott County, applied for the Jenkins head coaching position. I wonder how things would have turned out for Hicks and for Jenkins High School if Hicks had been hired at Jenkins.

Great hire for Jenkins I like Eric Ratliff and think he is a fine coach. I bet one thing is for sure you wont see Jenkins players take the floor with different color shirts on under ther jerseys looking like a bunch of rag-a-muffins.
As for Hicks, doubt if he would still be there in 2010. Hard to recruit at Jenkins LOL.
Good luck Coach Ratliff and the Cavaliers!
baseline Jumper Wrote:Great hire for Jenkins I like Eric Ratliff and think he is a fine coach. I bet one thing is for sure you wont see Jenkins players take the floor with different color shirts on under ther jerseys looking like a bunch of rag-a-muffins.
As for Hicks, doubt if he would still be there in 2010. Hard to recruit at Jenkins LOL.

Hicks won pretty darn good at Evarts, Harlan, and Corbin.
Good luck JHS. GO BIG GREEN!
Wouldn't matter if John Wooden came back from the dead, he ain't gonna win at Jenkins. Don't mean to be hurtful, but its true; not consistently anyway. Seems like career suicide.
HD28 Wrote:Wouldn't matter if John Wooden came back from the dead, he ain't gonna win at Jenkins. Don't mean to be hurtful, but its true; not consistently anyway. Seems like career suicide.
Your right John Wooden wouldn't win. Because in this state he would be caught for illegal recruiting.
But Jenkins will get back on a consistent level soon.
sherman14 Wrote:Your right John Wooden wouldn't win. Because in this state he would be caught for illegal recruiting.
But Jenkins will get back on a consistent level soon.

No, he would go to Hazard or Perry Central because they are exempted from any rules concerning recruiting.
jenkins needed a change and i think this is a good change for them this upcoming year.
good luck my man....
Jenkins will surprise people this year, the biggest guy they have is around 6'3, but they are quick, aggressive, and can shoot the lights out. Not saying they are going to beat someone like Knott, but other teams they lost to last year.