Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana All-Stars 81 Kentucky All-Stars 69
The boys are swept by Indiana again for the 5th time in 6 years.
any stats? how did elisha justice do?
Here is the box score, it looks like Justice had a great game:

Box score
This series needs some discussion on how it should proceed in the future. Kentucky can't even put its best players from the state on the floor.

I would scrap it and start over making it a junior allstar game between the two states. All of the juniors are still trying to get scholly's, which means they would want to be on this team. I also believe you would get 100% effort out of these kids versus seniors who may already have scholly's.
Good Point.
justforfun Wrote:This series needs some discussion on how it should proceed in the future. Kentucky can't even put its best players from the state on the floor.

I would scrap it and start over making it a junior allstar game between the two states. All of the juniors are still trying to get scholly's, which means they would want to be on this team. I also believe you would get 100% effort out of these kids versus seniors who may already have scholly's.

Agreed
Well Ky playing with mostly Honorable Mention all-staters threw pure fear into Indiana Friday night with all its Div I players & its McDonalds All-American escaped with their their very lives Fri. night, we were hot we just didn't finish the job thus we went into the 2nd game exausted, still it was still respectable we made several runs at them but tired 80-69 is more than respectable. One bright point Elisha Justice showed what he can do 20 pts & he truly is #1 in Ky. Looking forward to see him take the floor at the big time level especialy since he is from the mountains!
Why does Indiana play it's best players and Kentucky does not?
It seems the talent disparity between the 2 states is more pronounced in recent years