Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari/LeBron package deal rumors continue
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Note to Kentucky fans.
Your school basically sold its soul to the devil by hiring Calipari. I know, I know, he never done anything wrong. He never knew of anything dealing with the Rose thing. The Camby thing. He never knew of anything that ever happened anywhere he has ever been. You all bashed TheVille on here because Pitino hired the coach of a player he was recruiting. You DO REALIZE that in 2001, Cal hired Milt Wagner as "Coordinator of basketball operations" while he was recruiting DeJuan (the son of Milt), dont you? Of course you dont. I like UK basketball, I really do. But this is a fair warning here. Do not be surprised if Calipari bolts UK to MUCH greener NBA pastures. Lets face it, he's a great recruitor, an average x's and o's coach, with below average character. When he does bolt, we'll hear the "He is the worst guy in history, he lied to us, how dare he, I knew there was something up with that guy" by the same UK fans that are touting him the greatest coach in the history of the world.

Thanks you!! I mean Cal is thinking about hiring someone close to Terrence JOnes to lure him in, cal will go to the NBA, not this season but he will give it another try...I dont think its this season he goes anyway
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Thanks you!! I mean Cal is thinking about hiring someone close to Terrence JOnes to lure him in, cal will go to the NBA, not this season but he will give it another try...I dont think its this season he goes anyway

Cal is rumored to be pursuing Adrien Payne (Oregon Asst.) to take the same job at Kentucky. Now, Payne recruited Jones to Oregon, but Jones will choose between Washington and Kentucky.

Payne has a relationship with Jones, because Jones is from Oregon and was considering the Ducks. But it's not like Payne was Jones uncle, father, cousin, AAU coach, etc.

If it's within the rules, then it should be a non-issue.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cal is rumored to be pursuing Adrien Payne (Oregon Asst.) to take the same job at Kentucky. Now, Payne recruited Jones to Oregon, but Jones will choose between Washington and Kentucky.

Payne has a relationship with Jones, because Jones is from Oregon and was considering the Ducks. But it's not like Payne was Jones uncle, father, cousin, AAU coach, etc.

If it's within the rules, then it should be a non-issue.

I wasnt saying it was illegal, I see nothing wrong with it myself..If its wrong for pitiino do something like this, it is for cal too...ITs not in the rule book though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That is what I call a fair-weathered fan.

"A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams."

Fair-weathered fans, like yourself.

But you have your rights to do whatever you would like, I don't have a problem with it. But if John Calipari wins one or ten national championships at Kentucky, you will call nothing but praise for the man. But, if something does go wrong and he is caught committing a NCAA infraction, then you'll say I told you so.

I'm not discussing it anymore.

What! You have got to be kidding me! Fair Weathered! How dare you say that I am fair weathered! I was posting love for the Cats long before Cal, and I have posted love for them now. I was a UK fan long before, and will be long after! I also posted disdain for Cal BEFORE he came to UK, so now I am all of a sudden supposed to be a lover? Wouldn't that be fair weathered.

You generally have solid arguments, but that is incredibly an arrogant statement to make. You conveniently glossed right over the analogy of the President and making some quote that means absolutely nothing to present a solid rebuttal! So, you think that anyone that does not like the president is a fair weathered American! You have got to be kidding, you could not take the arugment and make a justifiable resonse but to call it "Fair Weathered". Wow, that's the best we can do?
Stardust Wrote:What! You have got to be kidding me! Fair Weathered! How dare you say that I am fair weathered! I was posting love for the Cats long before Cal, and I have posted love for them now. I was a UK fan long before, and will be long after! I also posted disdain for Cal BEFORE he came to UK, so now I am all of a sudden supposed to be a lover? Wouldn't that be fair weathered.

You generally have solid arguments, but that is incredibly an arrogant statement to make. You conveniently glossed right over the analogy of the President and making some quote that means absolutely nothing to present a solid rebuttal! So, you think that anyone that does not like the president is a fair weathered American! You have got to be kidding, you could not take the arugment and make a justifiable resonse but to call it "Fair Weathered". Wow, that's the best we can do?

I didn't mean to make it sound as harsh as I may have, but fact of the matter is, if you love a team, you should support the coach as well. That's my belief.

As for the president statement, it was a unique comparison and I'm sure coach Cal would have a kick out of being compared to the president. Wink
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I didn't mean to make it sound as harsh as I may have, but fact of the matter is, if you love a team, you should support the coach as well. That's my belief.

As for the president statement, it was a unique comparison and I'm sure coach Cal would have a kick out of being compared to the president. Wink

I sure don't like the President, but I sure hope he is successful because if he is not, who pays for it in the end? Me. So obviously I support that President and hope he makes the right decisions. I don't like his policy nor they way he conducts his business, but I have to hope he is successful, at least until he is GONE!

If I am a UK fan, I feel exactly the same way as I do about the President.

Thus, I am a loyal American and a true-blue Wildcat fan! :moon:
Stardust Wrote:I sure don't like the President, but I sure hope he is successful because if he is not, who pays for it in the end? Me. So obviously I support that President and hope he makes the right decisions. I don't like his policy nor they way he conducts his business, but I have to hope he is successful, at least until he is GONE!

If I am a UK fan, I feel exactly the same way as I do about the President.

Thus, I am a loyal American and a true-blue Wildcat fan! :moon:
Now Dusty...compared to Obama, Calipari is Ghandi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Now Dusty...compared to Obama, Calipari is Ghandi.

Ghandi manipulated the rules and just was too slick to "make the glove fit"????:Clap:
:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Ghandi manipulated the rules and just was too slick to "make the glove fit"????:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
There's a great article in the Bradenton Times about Coach Cal and I will try to provide a link to it.

Calipari: I’m not going anywhere
Kentucky coach will be in Sarasota Friday as part of **** Vitale Gala
By ALAN DELL - [email]adell@bradenton.com[/email] Buzz up!

John Calipari doesn’t sound like a person who is going to Cleveland or Chicago or anywhere the LeBron James trail leads.

“I can’t stop all the speculation and all the rumors, and I am not going to have press conference after press conference to say I am staying at Kentucky. I have already said that many times,” the Wildcats head coach says.

The one certain thing about Calipari is that he will be in Sarasota on Friday as part of the **** Vitale Gala to raise money for cancer through the Jimmy V Foundation at the Ritz-Carlton.

Read more: http://www.bradenton.com/2010/05/19/2296...z0oOP7KizV