Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith Ex-Kentucky Head Coach Stuck in Ugly Lawsuit
The trial is underway in a fraud suit against former Kentucky head coach Tubby Smith and several big name witnesses have already testified on behalf of Smith's accuser, Jimmy Williams.

Here is an excerpt from StarTribune.com:

Former Gophers star and NBA Hall of Famer Kevin McHale, former Gophers coach Jim Dutcher and former U.S. Rep. Jim Ramstad testified as character witnesses for Jimmy Williams on the first day of the trial of his lawsuit against Smith in Hennepin County District Court.

Williams claims that he was the victim of fraud and negligent representation when on the strength of an offer to be Smith's assistant, he quit his job at Oklahoma State in 2007, only to be left high and dry. The suit says Athletic Director Joel Maturi unfairly vetoed his hiring because of decades-old NCAA violations.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/05/ex-ken...-ugly.html

The suit seeks damage that total more than $50,000.
Doesn't really seem to be on Tubby. As I remember when it happened, Tubby was going to hire him but was vetoed by AD. Suit is in effect against School and Ad, but I think Tubby was named as well. I don't see anyway under the circumstances as they have been presented that Tubby is liable on this deal.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Doesn't really seem to be on Tubby. As I remember when it happened, Tubby was going to hire him but was vetoed by AD. Suit is in effect against School and Ad, but I think Tubby was named as well. I don't see anyway under the circumstances as they have been presented that Tubby is liable on this deal.

I agree. I think that this is not too be of a situation for Tubby.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
what happened
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree. I think that this is not too be of a situation for Tubby.

agreed
back_in_black Wrote:what happened

The trial is underway in a fraud suit against former Kentucky head coach Tubby Smith and several big name witnesses have already testified on behalf of Smith's accuser, Jimmy Williams.

Here is an excerpt from StarTribune.com:

Former Gophers star and NBA Hall of Famer Kevin McHale, former Gophers coach Jim Dutcher and former U.S. Rep. Jim Ramstad testified as character witnesses for Jimmy Williams on the first day of the trial of his lawsuit against Smith in Hennepin County District Court.

Williams claims that he was the victim of fraud and negligent representation when on the strength of an offer to be Smith's assistant, he quit his job at Oklahoma State in 2007, only to be left high and dry. The suit says Athletic Director Joel Maturi unfairly vetoed his hiring because of decades-old NCAA violations.

The suit seeks damage that total more than $50,000.
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/05/ex-ken...-ugly.html