Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best High School Field In Kentucky
sstack Wrote:I do not recall a cannon at Ryle. I do believe they had some sort of train whistle last year.

The old Ryle cannon now fires for Centre College football games.
Trinity/Hazard/Belfry/St.X/Letcher Central
Harry Doyle Wrote:If building a new field/stadium, DO NOT PUT THE TRACK AROUND THE FOOTBALL FIELD. Place it around a practice field, or take some extra land available on campus and place it there. I can't stand going to a game at either of the Lexington high schools, Collins, Hopkinsville/Christian County, etc. because here they have these great stadiums and fields, yet the stands are 30 yards away from the field.

Once a Colonel Wrote:As for as playing surfaces go, one of the best ever in the state was at the old Hopkinsville Stadium (Walnut Street Stadium). Our current is also excellent, but the old field was unbelievably good. The old stadium had a better atmosphere also because, as was mentioned before, it didn't have a track around it. A track around a field is a terrible idea!!!
Love tracks around the field. The more lanes the better it keeps the riff Raff out and limits the abuse parents yell down about the coaches.:eyeroll:
I guess there would be benefits. Our stands are easily 25 yards from the field on the home side, maybe a little more.
Gocolts13 Wrote:Trinity/Hazard/Belfry/St.X/Letcher Central

Letcher Central has a really nice field and weight room however parking, admission, and restroom facilities are subpar.

Hazard and Belfry both have nice facilities and Trinty and St. X look pretty good based on the pictures.
warmachine Wrote:Perry Central has the nicest middle school field in Kentucky, PERIOD!

You obviously havent been to Whitleys middle school field.
Im not saying its the nicest in Ky because i havent seen all of the middle schools football fields in Ky, but ive been to A LOT of them and havent seen one nicer.
Whitleys middle school field is a lot nicer than most high school field, it even has a track around it.
It has been 6 years since Letcher Central's field has been built. They need to have a permanent concession stand, and need to add bathrooms at the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
kentuckynole Wrote:Letcher Central has a really nice field and weight room however parking, admission, and restroom facilities are subpar.

Hazard and Belfry both have nice facilities and Trinty and St. X look pretty good based on the pictures.

I don't really think that anyone's TURF is better than anyone else's, with that being said, you would have to go with StX's facility.

Huge Bronzer tiger statue out front, athletic offices, basketball area built on to the locker rooms.
warmachine Wrote:Perry Central has the nicest middle school field in Kentucky, PERIOD!

Where is Perry's middle school field?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Where is Perry's middle school field?

He's talking about the high school field, the same one that has been used since Napier was built in 1952, lol. I agree Perry needs a new field, but to be as old as it is it is holding up fairly well, now that the coaching staff over the past 6-7 years have been putting work into it, the grass holds up pretty well and the field actually DRAINS NOW. I remember practicing on that field in the rain and the end zone towards the hospital being under 6 inches of water....
I though P-burg was getting touch through there touchdown clubraising money. Are you guys close to getting it done?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
St. X has awesome facilities
We have a very nice field at Lexington Catholic now after our renovations, Boyle County with the new turf is very nice aswell.