Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are they now?
Im starting this to see what some of the old high school stars are nowadays. So if you feel like it tell what some of the older guys are doing now?
Well, i'm kind of up on some of the Pikeville team in the day when they were a power. We all know Coach Mac is H.C. at his alma mater(wish nhim good luck). Then Robbie Wright (w/o & safety on the 87' champ. team) is an attorney here in town. Sean Neeley(t.e./r.t.) on the 87' team is in business for himself in the Lexington area. Greg Hackney(r.b. on the 87' team is in business in Pikeville as a chiropractor). Matt Blair (q.b.87' team) is owner/co-owner?? at the Log Cabin Rest. Mickey Webster(d.e. 87' team) is an attorney in the Lex. area. Jeff Roop(r.t.87' team is in professional sales in the Pikeville area. Last i heard Robert Thomas(l.t. 87' team) is in Va. after graduation from H.S., he played football for V.M.I. Tim Sanders(d.b.87' team) was killed in a car accident in Pikeville a few yrs. ago. Last i heard Bobby Deramus (r.b.87'team) was in the Morehead area--what a running back !!both he and Greg, as well as Chad Thornsbury, who lives in the Louiville area.Some of these players were soph. in that yr., and had the privilege of playing on all three championship teams.
Some Lawrence Co guys coaching:
Jason Michael-was w UofTenn, Raiders, Jets now with San Fransico 49ers only 30ish.
Gerad Parker-GA at UK now at Tenn Martin
Dontae Wright- GA at UK now at North Ala
Phil Ratcliff- Won National Championship at James Madison now back at Marshall
Alan Short was at Adair I think will help at the new college team in that area.
Me-Lawrence Co..North Oldahm/Lex Cath and back at Lawrence Co.
Kyle Barnette-LC
Smoke Storts-LC
Mike Woods- running the middle school program at LC
There have been several other grads in and out of coaching from LC.