Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky All-Star try outs
The try outs for the KY all star team is going on today at Campbellsville College. Are any of you there that can give us an update? Any surprises so far?
Heard on another thread the Scott County kids didn't show.
Scott Co kids didn't show up and Sewell likely won't be on the team because he is injured right now.

KY is going to likely get beat very bad without those guys.
Whats wrong with Sewell?
Sewell had been playing since late December with an injury on his shooting hand. Had surgery earlier this week.
Where can I find out who was invited to try out?
43 boys chosen for All-Stars tryouts
Eleven players from the Louisville area were among the 43 seniors named Tuesday to try out for the Kentucky All-Star boys' basketball team.

Tryouts are set for April 16-17 at Campbellsville University. Kentucky will face the Indiana All-Stars on June11 at Bellarmine University's Knights Hall and June12 at Indianapolis' Conseco Fieldhouse.

Ballard (Ian Chiles and Keisten Jones) and Trinity (Josh Sewell and Taylor Epley) both had two players invited to the tryouts. Others invited from the Louisville area were Butler's Thomas Blakemore, Iroquois' Donovan Gibbs, Male's Tony Horne, Jeffersontown's Thomas Jackson, South Oldham's Casey Jackson, Fern Creek's Orlando Rutledge and Manual's Sean Samsel.

Mr. Basketball Elisha Justice of state champion Shelby Valley is the only player guaranteed a spot on the team. Covington Catholic's Mike Listerman is the head coach, and Anderson County's Glen Drury is the assistant.

The list of invitees:

Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield (Shelby Valley); Dee Anderson (Greenwood); Colt Barnhill (East Carter); James Berry (North Hardin); Thomas Blakemore (Butler); Ian Chiles, Keisten Jones (Ballard); Tate Cox, Stuart Stamper (Knott County Central); Darnell Davis (Hopkinsville); Taylor Epley, Josh Sewell (Trinity); Dakotah Euton, Ge-lawn Guyn, Chad Jackson (Scott County); Will Evans (Lexington Christian); Damarkco Foster (Newport); Donovan Gibbs (Iroquois); Domonique Hagans (Lafayette); Cameron Hall (Glasgow); Vance Hall (Franklin County); Caleb Hardy (Carlisle County); Tony Horne (Male); Thomas Jackson (Jeffersontown); Casey Jackson (South Oldham); Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman (Holmes); Madison Johnson, Isaac Wilson (Corbin); Travis Johnston (Grayson County); Cody Miller (Knox Central); Tanner Peurach (Lexington Catholic); Jarrod Polson (West Jessamine); Jacob Rieger (Bishop Brossart); Jacob Russell (Anderson County); Orlando Rutledge (Fern Creek); Sean Samsel (Manual); Matt St. John (South Laurel); Bryton Taylor (Campbellsville); Aaron Watts (McCreary Central); Josh Whitaker (Hazard); Shaquille Wilson (Christian County).

Email this • Share on Facebook • Twit This!

posted by Jason Frakes at 3:18 PM 0 comments
This team needs height badly! Heard that Vance Hall , Sean Samsel, and Thomas Jackson looked really good as point guards. I think Hall will get the nod because he is bigger than the other two. Polson who struggled will get picked because of possibly walking onto KY.

Matt St. John rolled his ankle at the beginning of tryouts.

On paper it looks like Indiana sweeps Kentucky this year.
Demarko Foster of Newport was also a no show.

The final roster will be released Tueday.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Scott Co kids didn't show up and Sewell likely won't be on the team because he is injured right now.

KY is going to likely get beat very bad without those guys.

Scott county had their prom which is why they missed the tryouts. That's better than just blowing it off.
justforfun Wrote:43 boys chosen for all-stars tryouts
eleven players from the louisville area were among the 43 seniors named tuesday to try out for the kentucky all-star boys' basketball team.

Tryouts are set for april 16-17 at campbellsville university. Kentucky will face the indiana all-stars on june11 at bellarmine university's knights hall and june12 at indianapolis' conseco fieldhouse.

Ballard (ian chiles and keisten jones) and trinity (josh sewell and taylor epley) both had two players invited to the tryouts. Others invited from the louisville area were butler's thomas blakemore, iroquois' donovan gibbs, male's tony horne, jeffersontown's thomas jackson, south oldham's casey jackson, fern creek's orlando rutledge and manual's sean samsel.

Mr. Basketball elisha justice of state champion shelby valley is the only player guaranteed a spot on the team. Covington catholic's mike listerman is the head coach, and anderson county's glen drury is the assistant.

The list of invitees:

Elisha justice, ashley hatfield (shelby valley); dee anderson (greenwood); colt barnhill (east carter); james berry (north hardin); thomas blakemore (butler); ian chiles, keisten jones (ballard); tate cox, stuart stamper (knott county central); darnell davis (hopkinsville); taylor epley, josh sewell (trinity); dakotah euton, ge-lawn guyn, chad jackson (scott county); will evans (lexington christian); damarkco foster (newport); donovan gibbs (iroquois); domonique hagans (lafayette); cameron hall (glasgow); vance hall (franklin county); caleb hardy (carlisle county); tony horne (male); thomas jackson (jeffersontown); casey jackson (south oldham); ricardo johnson, elijah pittman (holmes); madison johnson, isaac wilson (corbin); travis johnston (grayson county); cody miller (knox central); tanner peurach (lexington catholic); jarrod polson (west jessamine); jacob rieger (bishop brossart); jacob russell (anderson county); orlando rutledge (fern creek); sean samsel (manual); matt st. John (south laurel); bryton taylor (campbellsville); aaron watts (mccreary central); josh whitaker (hazard); shaquille wilson (christian county).

Email this • share on facebook • twit this!

Posted by jason frakes at 3:18 pm 0 comments

thanks!!!
Any guesses as to who makes the team?
i say both of SV make it, because one is a lock and the other has height and very good as well
SportzAnimal Wrote:Any guesses as to who makes the team?

I would say that Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman are as good as guaranteed to be on the team.
justforfun Wrote:Scott county had their prom which is why they missed the tryouts. That's better than just blowing it off.

Not a very good excuse at all. They could of came to the Friday session, and maybe even the morning session. Other players were their and were dismissed early Saturday so they could make their plans that evening. We are talking about boys, not like they had hair, nail and make-up appointments. THEY JUST BLEW IT OFF. PITIFUL
D1Recruiter Wrote:Not a very good excuse at all. They could of came to the Friday session, and maybe even the morning session. Other players were their and were dismissed early Saturday so they could make their plans that evening. We are talking about boys, not like they had hair, nail and make-up appointments. THEY JUST BLEW IT OFF. PITIFUL

Ok you convinced me, but I bet they still make the team.
If they don't even care to come to a tryout, they shouldn't even be considered, that would be so wrong. But I'm loke you, they probably will make the team anyways.
I understand that Scott Co doesn't finish school until around June 13th so I'm not sure they could make any of the practices and one of the games is on the date they graduate so I figure these two things also factored into the players decisions not to show.
leecoukfan Wrote:I would say that Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman are as good as guaranteed to be on the team.

I heard that Pittman was an absolute beast in the tryouts and that Rico Johnson and Keiston Jones also stood out.
loubballfan Wrote:I understand that Scott Co doesn't finish school until around June 13th so I'm not sure they could make any of the practices and one of the games is on the date they graduate so I figure these two things also factored into the players decisions not to show.

Before people get on here bashing KIDS, they need to get their facts straight. I spoke with Ge'Lawn personally and he said that he and the other two elected not to try out because of the reasons listed above.

They didn't want to make a commitment to play in one game and then leave their teammates hanging in another game because of it occuring on the same day of their graduation.

If anything, this shows how UNSELFISH these kids are.
loubballfan Wrote:I heard that Pittman was an absolute beast in the tryouts and that Rico Johnson and Keiston Jones also stood out.

I also heard that Pittman absolutely dominated the try outs and there was nobody on the floor that had anything for him at either end. One coach told me that at times "he looked like a man among boys out there".

Rico and Keisten is one scary 2-3 combo.
cuppett777 Wrote:i say both of SV make it, because one is a lock and the other has height and very good as well

What I heard from several coaches was that they really liked the "agressive unselfness" from Hatfield. He just made the ones around him look really good by seeing the entire floor when he plays.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I also heard that Pittman absolutely dominated the try outs and there was nobody on the floor that had anything for him at either end. One coach told me that at times "he looked like a man among boys out there".

Rico and Keisten is one scary 2-3 combo.

I heard the words "beast" and "uncanny" were used alot when talking about Pittman!
trufan Wrote:I heard the words "beast" and "uncanny" were used alot when talking about Pittman!

:Thumbs:

When the kid is going hard, he's extremely tough to stop at both ends of the floor because of his size, strength, athleticism, and length.

Also heard he was one of the few players diving on the floor for loose balls. Sounds like he had a very good try out and from what I heard, not only impressed the coaches but also the players around him who hadn't seen him play this year.
I saw on another site where someone said that those Scott County boys don't owe us anything. Whether they tried out or not is their decision. I know that we now know that they will be graduating on the day of the 2nd game, but regardless, they shouldn't HAVE to try out because WE want them to.

It's their life that they live for themselves, not you and I. Same rules apply to Jonathon Ferguson's decision last year.

Just saying......