Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Pittsburgh Pirates
How about those 2-1 Pittsburgh Pirates?? Taking 2 of 3 against the Dodgers, and locked in a fierce 3 way tie for first THIS LATE in the season! I told you all! October baseball, here we come. Bring on the Yankees! Series bound!

Garrett Jones----> TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:How about those 2-1 Pittsburgh Pirates?? Taking 2 of 3 against the Dodgers, and locked in a fierce 3 way tie for first THIS LATE in the season! I told you all! October baseball, here we come. Bring on the Yankees! Series bound!

Garrett Jones----> TongueirateSho

When was the last time they were in first place this late in the season?
Jarons Wrote:When was the last time they were in first place this late in the season?

I know after one month, I believe it was 2002 if Im not mistaken, they had the best record in the national league (14-7)! Of course theyd end up 72-89 lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I know after one month, I believe it was 2002 if Im not mistaken, they had the best record in the national league (14-7)! Of course theyd end up 72-89 lol..

J/K I usually root for the Pirates unless they are playing the Reds. I would love to see a game at PNC park. The outside looks nice.
Well, I love 'em..same as with the Steelers, Ill live and die with 'em, but Ive been doin' a lot of dying over the last 17 seasons, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's a shame what the owners have been doing to the true Pirate fans. Not spending any money on the payroll, being more concerned about making money. This is a reason why I think MLB should enforce salary minimum instead of a salary cap.
Jarons Wrote:It's a shame what the owners have been doing to the true Pirate fans. Not spending any money on the payroll, being more concerned about making money. This is a reason why I think MLB should enforce salary minimum instead of a salary cap.
A-Rod will make $33m this year. The entire Pirate team? $35m, lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And Pittsburgh's $33 million is about $17-20 million too much!
And the bet is still on TH32!
LuvofMoney'9 Wrote:And Pittsburgh's $33 million is about $17-20 million too much!
This is no joke, but if they can keep this group in Pittsburgh, I like them. I really like this team. Neal Huntington was on Mike and Mike yesterday and he said the pieces are here, so hopefully that translates into them not trading anybody. I honestly believe that Garrett Jones is a star in the making, and McCutcheon is gonna be a star this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LuvofMoney'9 Wrote:And Pittsburgh's $33 million is about $17-20 million too much!
Please. How much did Boston pay Julio Lugo? 4 years, $36m?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]