Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Parsons named head coach at Shelby County
The Mike Clark Era has ended at Shelby County High School.

Rick Parsons will be named today the new SCHS boys’ head basketball coach, replacing Clark, who is moving to Martha Layne Collins High School as an assistant principal.

Parsons, originally from Harlan, currently teaches physical education at Shelby County High School. He has several years of experience as a head coach around the state.

“We’re really excited about getting him in this position,” Athletic Director Sally Zimmerman said. “He blew us away in the interview.”

Details about Parsons’ experience will come during his announcement today, but an Internet search of his coaching history revealed stints at Menifee County, Cumberland County, Jackson City, Everts, where in 2001 he was named the 13th Region coach of the year, and, most recently, Frankfort High School.

He has experience in both boys and girls basketball.

Zimmerman said Parsons will be bringing on Charles Thomas, a former Harlan player who was Kentucky’s Mr. Basketball in 1995, as one of his assistant coaches.

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?019+...3019019002
Hmmm......Ok.

He was very...............entertaining when he was in the 13th. Mr. Hicks better re-think his no transfer deal.
William Muney Wrote:Hmmm......Ok.

He was very...............entertaining when he was in the 13th. Mr. Hicks better re-think his no transfer deal.

He sure was.
shelby will be the team to watch for
Did he get fired from Jackson City for some things that happened on a christmas basketball trip? I think it was in the 2000 season.
William Muney Wrote:Hmmm......Ok.

I think Hicks will be going to Martha Layne Collins, since he went to Shelby West.

I don't think Shelby County will be very good anymore. Most of the talent will be at Martha Layne Collins.