Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Hyundai Sonata
We got two of these at work a few days ago and they are pretty sweet. The inside reminds me of a Volvo and the outside looks like a Lexus.

I've never been a huge Hyundai fan, but if I had the money, I'd buy one of these.

[Image: http://www.drivearabia.com/news/wp-conte...ta-450.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Interior
[Image: http://youngmanmaster.files.wordpress.co...per_08.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks really nice, but I personally would only buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. It really is nice looking though.
Westside Wrote:Looks really nice, but I personally would only buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. It really is nice looking though.

I'd never buy a Dodge. I work for a rental car company and Dodge's are the worst vehicles for transmission problems.

Just one example - we bought two brand new Dodge Caravan's last summer. One of them had never been rented, only had 34 miles on it and the transmission went out.

The other was rented once, only had 140 or so miles on it and the transmission went out.

I also know a girl who bought a brand new Jeep Wrangler that she's had to take to the shop over 20 times since buying it 2 years ago.

Most of our Ford's and Chevy's hold up pretty well though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hyundai did in the 90s what Toyota, Datsun (Nissan) and Honda did in the 60s and 70s. They built cheap, reliable transportation, and quietly made their mark in the auto industry, and before you knew it, they were pumping out the Z cars, Supras, MR2s, among others..Hyundai, IMO, makes as pretty a car as anyone now. I really like the Sonatas, the Genesis line, etc.....with that said, Im Ford through and through, lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'd never buy a Dodge. I work for a rental car company and Dodge's are the worst vehicles for transmission problems.

Just one example - we bought two brand new Dodge Caravan's last summer. One of them had never been rented, only had 34 miles on it and the transmission went out.

The other was rented once, only had 140 or so miles on it and the transmission went out.

I also know a girl who bought a brand new Jeep Wrangler that she's had to take to the shop over 20 times since buying it 2 years ago.

Most of our Ford's and Chevy's hold up pretty well though.

I'll admit I know nothing about cars. I know that my truck is so old I'd take anything at this point.
That is a nice car.
My family has an 07 sonata and man they are a great car they ride just as smooth at 45 as they do at 80 and are very powerful for a four cylinder and better yet its made in mobile Alabama.Since 07 the cars have just continually gotten prettier the new ones look like a luxury car.
I bought a new 2003 Sonata, and it was the junkiest vehicle I've ever owned.
Dodge transmissions: I've owed two 2500 Dodge diesels that I pull a 12,000 pound RV with, and have never had a problem. I still have one of them with 90k on it. I also had a 2005 Jeep that never had the first problem in 80K miles, before I traded it off.
The one pictured is quite a bit nicer looking than the model I had.
TheRealVille Wrote:The one pictured is quite a bit nicer looking than the model I had.

Hyundai has really upped their game in the past couple years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Sonata is one of my favorite cars, especially (mainly) the 2006-08. When I rent a car, I only go where I can get one of those. They'll do nearly 140+ in stock form, which I never do of course, but it's nice to know it's there. Very peppy, though tranny shifts slow.

However, I can't stand the new model pictured. I love the interior, that is sweet, but the exterior is too bland, common these days, and I'm not a fan of the ridges and slope-iness (new word) of the car. They do make a great product though, with a great warranty. It's not your daddy's Hyundai anymore.