Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 4 Pikeville 2 scrimmage
Bulldogs get off to a good start with a 4-2 victory over Pikeville Monday night. Bulldogs pitching and defense looks solid. Dawgs pitched four yesterday and held Panthers to only 2 runs. Dawgs offensively despite only four runs are going to be solid with additon of Ethan Parsons, he had a solid double to left field in the 2nd to score Chandler Shepherd. LC looks stacked from top to bottom in lineup.

Go Bulldogs
It was 3-2 after 6 full. Then the JV teams played.
Actually LC only had one earned run. Teams are evenly matched from what I saw. Without Chandler on the hill, I think it is LC, Pikeville, JC and Paintsville as the teams capable of winning region. Pikeville's pitching is the big question mark, right now. I thought both teams looked especially good for the amount of practice time each has had outside so far. Pikeville has only had two outdoor practices all year.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Bulldogs get off to a good start with a 4-2 victory over Pikeville Monday night. Bulldogs pitching and defense looks solid. Dawgs pitched four yesterday and held Panthers to only 2 runs. Dawgs offensively despite only four runs are going to be solid with additon of Ethan Parsons, he had a solid double to left field in the 2nd to score Chandler Shepherd. LC looks stacked from top to bottom in lineup.
Go Bulldogs
Yet only able to crank out one earned run against what Commanche describes as posssibly suspect pitching from Pikeville this season? Also against a team that has only had two outside practices and no field to practice on as well even if they had wanted to, while Lawrence has been out on their field almost since Feb. 15 rolled around? Hardly stacked and dominate sounding to me.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yet only able to crank out one earned run against what Commanche describes as posssibly suspect pitching from Pikeville this season? Also against a team that has only had two outside practices and no field to practice on as well even if they had wanted to, while Lawrence has been out on their field almost since Feb. 15 rolled around? Hardly stacked and dominate sounding to me.
Very interesting Mr. K. Though quite early, as I have said previously It would seem that the 15th may not choose to roll over for the all mighty Dogs.
The Dawgs are good, but I know for sure Pikeville isnt going to rollover. I dont the 57th is gonna give them the title without playing. I know Paintsville, SC, and JC arent going down easy.
Commanche Wrote:The Dawgs are good, but I know for sure Pikeville isnt going to rollover. I dont the 57th is gonna give them the title without playing. I know Paintsville, SC, and JC arent going down easy.

lol, but Magoffin County is????????
(I'm just saying)
who pitched for LC?
The key word here is scrimmage.
The dogs have a great
defense and great offense. I was concerned about their pitching but from what I saw Moore, Cline, and Burton have great stuff and looked good.
Banks and Parsons the new kid I'm looking forward to watching soon didn't pitch but Banks proved last year he could come through and I'm sure
this parsons kid has some
nasty stuff from what I have heard.
Burton was lights out and has to step up big this year with the loss of Chandler, and I'm not really sure who the Cline kid is but I look forward to seeing more this year. He has a good hard fastball and a very nasty curveball. We all know what moore can do. Trust me everyone i have been a LC fan for awhile and this team is the best I believe they have had in a few year. They will win districts,
they will win region, and they won't be done in the 1st game this year at state, look for them in
the finals, the sky is the limit for
this
team.
Watched the Raceland/LC scrimmage. Banks pitched 2 shutout innings against a very young Raceland team. LC then pitched Parsons and he struggled to hit his spots walking 5 or 6. However on the offensive side Parsons has a big bat and will be a long ball threat. Cline pitched next and had control problems. He has a nasty breaking ball but could not hit the spot. He has a ways to go before making the starting rotation. LC's offense put 9 runs up in the first with 10 batters at the plate and looked solid. 2nd inning they put up 5 runs I think. 3rd inning on it was a "show what you can do" type game for LC. Raceland scored most of their runs off Parsons. I believe they had 8 or 9 runs in 2 innings most of them earned. Cline gave up 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning I believe. LC as usual looks to be very competitive this year with young pitchers in the pipeline.
I didnt make it to the Raceland game but it looks like we had no problems scoring.
Banks has some good off speed stuff when he's on. From what I've heard Cline is a junior and threw from the mound his 1st time ever last year in JV and has been pitching from there on. He still has a ways to go but from what I saw after a few more games experience, he should be ok for the dawgs. Parsons had a rough outing but a side winding lefty, i hope he gets there. So we can all agree on the excellent offense and defense of the dawgs. and with great pitching of Moore, Burton, Banks, and Cline that LC will have a very promising year with all of these talented players. Its hard to beat a team that is solid defensively and offensively and has the pitching the dawgs do.
What I would agree on is that LC beat a very young Raceland team that a good JV team could have beat at this point in the season with the players Raceland used. It was a scrimmage game to determine strengths and weaknesses. Who wins a scrimmage game is a moot point. I think LC found out what they needed to know about their pitchers and some other spots on defense and their batting order on offense. Of course some coaches look at the regular season as 35 scrimmage games getting ready for district and regional play.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:What I would agree on is that LC beat a very young Raceland team that a good JV team could have beat at this point in the season with the players Raceland used. It was a scrimmage game to determine strengths and weaknesses. Who wins a scrimmage game is a moot point. I think LC found out what they needed to know about their pitchers and some other spots on defense and their batting order on offense. Of course some coaches look at the regular season as 35 scrimmage games getting ready for district and regional play.

What!!! A fan from Lawrence Co. that has some sense, (and a little humility)?:Thumbs: