Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rob Van Dam Signs WIth TNA Wrestling
SpikeTV has posted the following on its official Twitter account: "RT @TNA_FANS: HULK HOGAN confirms "Mr. Monday Night" RVD has signed with TNA Wrestling! http://bit.ly/cZ9HmK @SPIKE_TV"
I don't watch wrestling much anymore but RVD was always one of my favorites.
I don't watch wrestling anymore either but sources tell me
that TNA is getting bigger than the all elite WWE.
RVD MIGHT be the most UNDER-appreciated wrestlers in history. He was pretty good with the mic, VERY athletic and had a pretty good charisma. YET, he was under-used in the WWE. I have never understood why he wasn't a bigger name than he was. Good pick-up for TNA.
Ballers Wrote:I don't watch wrestling anymore either but sources tell me
that TNA is getting bigger than the all elite WWE.

I had quit watching wrestling for years. I have been watching TNA the last couple weeks. I like it. IMO it is already better than the WWE.
Westside Wrote:I had quit watching wrestling for years. I have been watching TNA the last couple weeks. I like it. IMO it is already better than the WWE.

Me 2. TNA is actually getting me back into wrestling. Cant wait to see RVD
^ I think it is awesome that TNA is garnering interest in the fans. I have said all along that if TNA can gain interest in the fanbase, we will generate competition. WWE has been stale ever since WCW went under (or bought by Vince). I could care less if the talent or quality of production is as good, just make it interesting. Force WWE to have to work.
Stardust Wrote:^ I think it is awesome that TNA is garnering interest in the fans. I have said all along that if TNA can gain interest in the fanbase, we will generate competition. WWE has been stale ever since WCW went under (or bought by Vince). I could care less if the talent or quality of production is as good, just make it interesting. Force WWE to have to work.

Im going to be watching TNA tonight to see what happens
Part of WWE's problem is that they have gone PG. They have no edge at all.

This is some ground that TNA can make up on WWE.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I knew Sting would face RVD when Dixie wouldnt name his opponent. Pretty cool to see him tho.
R. V. D. is the man!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I'm saying this, but TNA is better than Raw tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WWE is so predictable now. I watched a bit of it last night...
Makes me sick.
^ I agree. But watching Flair and Hogan wrestle last night just made me sick. To think these are the guys that I was raised on in the 80's as setting the bar and watching them hobble around, with no hair and taking horrible bumps, it saddened me to think that these guys had to get out there. I was pretty disppointed that TNA even booked that match-up. As much as I would like to relive my youth, I don't need to see the guys I respected 25 years ago, get in and completely embarass themselves.
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree. But watching Flair and Hogan wrestle last night just made me sick. To think these are the guys that I was raised on in the 80's as setting the bar and watching them hobble around, with no hair and taking horrible bumps, it saddened me to think that these guys had to get out there. I was pretty disppointed that TNA even booked that match-up. As much as I would like to relive my youth, I don't need to see the guys I respected 25 years ago, get in and completely embarass themselves.

I agree. That match was weak. The hits that Hogan and Flair took was so slow and soft and so obviously fake, that I almost turned the channel. It was embarrassing to watch.

On a side note, does anyone know the ratings for last nights show? How many tuned in?
RVD is pretty great
RVD was chill on the mic because of the killer weed he was smoking. :biggrin:
Reanimate Wrote:I agree. That match was weak. The hits that Hogan and Flair took was so slow and soft and so obviously fake, that I almost turned the channel. It was embarrassing to watch.

On a side note, does anyone know the ratings for last nights show? How many tuned in?

Raw did a 3.4, TNA a 1. Both have a long, long ways to pull the 4's that WWE and WCW used to do week in and week out.
Overrated Wrote:RVD was chill on the mic because of the killer weed he was smoking. :biggrin:

Lol, probably....
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree. But watching Flair and Hogan wrestle last night just made me sick. To think these are the guys that I was raised on in the 80's as setting the bar and watching them hobble around, with no hair and taking horrible bumps, it saddened me to think that these guys had to get out there. I was pretty disppointed that TNA even booked that match-up. As much as I would like to relive my youth, I don't need to see the guys I respected 25 years ago, get in and completely embarass themselves.

I agree. Poor Hulk Hogan can barely walk. My grandma could whip him and she's been dead since '96.
Speaking of RVD, has anyone watched "The wrong side of town" I think its called. Features RVD in the lead role. That movie has some of the most terrible acting i've ever watched.
Stardust Wrote:Raw did a 3.4, TNA a 1. Both have a long, long ways to pull the 4's that WWE and WCW used to do week in and week out.

TNA pulled in an additional 1 on Thursday night when the replay was shown. If you add up Monday and Thursday, that's a 2, which is more respectable, but now they need to get those watching on Thursdays and Mondays on the same page.

I honestly thought the return of Bret Hart would have given WWE a bigger boost in the ratings. Unfortunately, that's not been the case.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ WWE has matured their audience. They do not have the star that transcends the entertainment world. They tried with Cena with him movies, but it just hasn't worked for them. They have putting Cena on as many television shows as possible, and not until they either make him an entertainment star or they create the next Rock, Austin, DX or Hogan, they have all the viewers they are going to get. With the challenge of TNA, it should draw more people to the television sets, channel surfing now will put two wrestling shows in front of the audience, thus possibly reinvigorating that interest in wrestling again....
Stardust Wrote:^ WWE has matured their audience. They do not have the star that transcends the entertainment world. They tried with Cena with him movies, but it just hasn't worked for them. They have putting Cena on as many television shows as possible, and not until they either make him an entertainment star or they create the next Rock, Austin, DX or Hogan, they have all the viewers they are going to get. With the challenge of TNA, it should draw more people to the television sets, channel surfing now will put two wrestling shows in front of the audience, thus possibly reinvigorating that interest in wrestling again....

Agreed. The return of Austin as a host will bring in huge numbers I predict. If wrestling names like Rock and Stone Cold were still a part of the show they would attract many more viewers.
^ Great timing for the week before Wrestlemania.
Stardust Wrote:^ Great timing for the week before Wrestlemania.

Definantly.