Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs Belfry
3rd time in the last 7 years these two have meet in the regional finals, this also mark 6 out of the last 10 years that Pike Central has been in the finals. Pike Central has won the region twice in the previous 5 appreances both times against Belfry however, each time the two have previously meet in the district finals Pike Central winning both of those as well. This year the record is on Belfry's side, the record stands at 3 and 0 in favor of the Lady Pirates all wins coming by single digits. So its down to two of the most pretigous girls programs in the 15th and two school names we are all use to. Both schools have new faces on the team and coaching the teams up. It was Tussey vs Gannon, Butcher vs Stiltner and now Fields vs Mounts.

Thought and Preditions?
Im pulling for PC Holly and Hannah deserve one more trip to bowling green.
IMO I think Pike Central can pull off the upset.
GOODLUCK to both teams

but Pike central can do this!
no predictions or thoughts????
Did you mean 6 out of the last 7 years, counting this one, that Pike Central has been in the Regional Finals? That is what the official program shows:
2004 Pike Central beat Belfry
2005 Betsy Layne beat Pike Central
2006 Magoffin beat Pike Central
2007 Pike Central beat Belfry
2008 Johnson Central beat Pike Central
2009 - not in finals
2010 - Pike Central v. Belfry
TurtleToes Wrote:Did you mean 6 out of the last 7 years, counting this one, that Pike Central has been in the Regional Finals? That is what the official program shows:
2004 Pike Central beat Belfry
2005 Betsy Layne beat Pike Central
2006 Magoffin beat Pike Central
2007 Pike Central beat Belfry
2008 Johnson Central beat Pike Central
2009 - not in finals
2010 - Pike Central v. Belfry

6 out of 10 6 out of 7 same difference lol
Pike Central by 9.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
All 60th dist finals I say the Lady Pirates by 3.
Also another note worthy point in the last 10 years there have been only 3 coaches who in there first year have made the finals. Stiltner - Belfry, Butcher - Pike Central and now Mounts. The previous two both lost. Another point to touch on both coaches will be coaching in their first 15th region championship game.
I'm saying Belfry.They have talent in ALL 5 starters where PC depends on 2,Holly & Hannah,Belfry also has more talent on the bench for subbing.As far as coaching I like both guys but give the advantage to Rick.Good luck to both teams.
Belfry
Lady Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What time is the game tonight?
got to go the the Lady Pirates
HORNET POWER Wrote:I'm saying Belfry.They have talent in ALL 5 starters where PC depends on 2,Holly & Hannah,Belfry also has more talent on the bench for subbing.As far as coaching I like both guys but give the advantage to Rick.Good luck to both teams.

interesting argument, when considering in the tournament thus far, Pike Central have had 8 players in the scoring column last night their first 17 points came from 6 differnt players. I think that yes, early on in the year they struggled as a team but recently Clark and Murphy have came on very very strong. As Thompson said last night after game when I was talking to her, "this has been a team effort alot will say its me and Holly as the leaders but the rest have stepped up as leaders we are all leaders,". Should be a fun game to watch no matter the outcome I will be supporting who ever represents the 15th at state. But for now I AM PULLING FOR YOU LADY HAWKS!!!
You can listen to the game live at this link:
http://www.ihigh.com/school23424/broadcast_115428.html

Video will be up tonight after the game. If you follow that link you can also find video of last night's games.
Let's go Hawks