Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL 16th Region Team
I don't disagree with any of the players mentioned. I would like to add Kayla Day of Fairview. She avg.20pts and 13reb. a game. And she did that with her dad on the bench.
It makes not a bit of difference how the ladies played all year. The question is: How did they play in the tournament? It is a 16th Region all tournament team, not an all year team....
Atticus Wrote:I don't disagree with any of the players mentioned. I would like to add Kayla Day of Fairview. She avg.20pts and 13reb. a game. And she did that with her dad on the bench.

She is a very good player ! Must have been a well built bench :Clap:
To the best of my knowledge, Fairview didn't make it to the regional tournament. So I ask: How could Kayla Day even be considered for an all region tournament team?
Walleye Wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Fairview didn't make it to the regional tournament. So I ask: How could Kayla Day even be considered for an all region tournament team?

No, Fairview got beat by 30 and did not make it to the regional tournament.

:Thumbs:
All Tourney Team in no particular order (Dont really know how many is picked)

1. Connor (Ashland)
2. Dietrich (Ashland)
3. Jude (Boyd)
4. Moore (Boyd)
5. Parsley (Russell)
6. Perry (west)
7. Puente (Fleming)
8. Biro (Raceland)
9. Easterling (East)
10. Marshall (East)
11. Burge (East)
12. Neely (Rowan)
MOP (Kissinger)
I believe you can throw all kinds of girls names out there that score a lot in games but I think you have to consider other factors like the kinds of team they play for. If they are a weaker team and have one good player of course they are going to be a top scorer,,,now take that same person and put them on a team with talent and see what happens.
Walleye Wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Fairview didn't make it to the regional tournament. So I ask: How could Kayla Day even be considered for an all region tournament team?

The thread title didn't say it was "All 16th Region Tournament Team". It was "All 16th Region Team". Fairview is in the 16th Region.
theaccountdoctor Wrote:I believe you can throw all kinds of girls names out there that score a lot in games but I think you have to consider other factors like the kinds of team they play for. If they are a weaker team and have one good player of course they are going to be a top scorer,,,now take that same person and put them on a team with talent and see what happens.

I agree with what you are saying but almost every team will have atleast one player representing them on the tourney team, even the weaker teams...is the correct? In the Districts every team had atleast two representatives, runner up had 3 and District Champs had 4.
theaccountdoctor Wrote:I believe you can throw all kinds of girls names out there that score a lot in games but I think you have to consider other factors like the kinds of team they play for. If they are a weaker team and have one good player of course they are going to be a top scorer,,,now take that same person and put them on a team with talent and see what happens.

I agree. You have someone that has a high scoring average on a bad team, especially when the coach for whatever keeps them in when they are being blown out and the other team has already put in their subs. These are not quality stats at all.

:Clap:
Atticus Wrote:The thread title didn't say it was "All 16th Region Tournament Team". It was "All 16th Region Team". Fairview is in the 16th Region.

I stand corrected.....
Talk to the Hand Wrote:All Tourney Team in no particular order (Dont really know how many is picked)

1. Connor (Ashland)
2. Dietrich (Ashland)
3. Jude (Boyd)
4. Moore (Boyd)
5. Parsley (Russell)
6. Perry (west)
7. Puente (Fleming)
8. Biro (Raceland)
9. Easterling (East)
10. Marshall (East)
11. Burge (East)
12. Neely (Rowan)
MOP (Kissinger)

I believe Rowan co. Will get more than two players on the tourney team , considering they're either going to win it or finish runner up.
No particular order.

1. Hamilton (Rowan)
2. Neely (Rowan)
3. Marshall (East)
4. Burge (East)
5. Easterling (East)
6. Connor (Ashland)
7. Dietrich (Ashland)
8. Parsley (Russell)
9. Perry (West)
10. Emmons (Fleming)
11. Jude (Boyd)
POY- Kissinger (Rowan)
In no particular order:

1. Hamilton (Rowan)
2. Neely (Rowan)
3. Burge (East)
4. Marshall (East)
5. Easterling (East)
6. Connor (Ashland)
7. Dietrich (Ashland)
8. Perry (West)
9. Jude (Boyd)
10.Parsley (Russell)
11. Emmons (Fleming)

POL: (Kissinger)
Teeumup Wrote:The team that matters now is waiting for you ! When they win ,( and I'll use a quote from a earlier post ), you may be named as a "bad team" !

First of all, congrats to a fine Lady Raider team that played their guts out and is coached by one of the best. Nothing to hang your head about in this game.

Second of all, teeumup, your silence is deafening. How do you like your crow?
Confusedhh:
Maybe you didn't understand what you read.:dontthink I said you were the tallest midget in the 16th. And now I will say again, The team that matters now is waiting for you ! When they win ,( and I'll use a quote from a earlier post ), you may be named as a "bad team" !
you should remind HD28 to put that Crow in the freezer. Wouldn't want him to get food poisoning on top of the mugging !
Oh, I definitely understand what I read. The implication was that RC would not win the region. So at this point, its all bonus basketball, wouldn't ya say? And "bad team" or not they're still going to Diddle! (and being the tallest midget in the circus beats not being in the circus at all!!)

Mugging? lol. You guys need to get out more. If you thought that was physical, then wait til you see a big team from the Western or Northern part of the state play.
BTW...how many "teams that matter are there"?
I don't understand some of the "debate" between some posters. The bottom line is that Rowan earned its way to state by beating 3 teams in the regional tourney. Is it possible that another team would be crowned champion if the tourney was replayed this week....well sure....but that is not how tournaments work. Rowan was the best team in the region when it mattered, from March 1 to March 6 - case closed.

Regarding POY awards and especially all-tourney teams I personally don't like them.

All-Tourney awards take a team victory and, many times, reduce it to individual accomplishments. I've also been around long enough to know 2 things:
1) Many voters don't even watch enough of the tourney games to justify their decisions (many base it on season performance)
2) Selections can be very political and not entirely based on performance alone.

Regarding POY awards, there is no clear-cut criteria that constitutes a POY - everyone has their own criteria. For example is it all stats (even if the team losses), is it the importance of a player to a winning team (even if much of the contribution doesn't show up in the box score), is it if the player's team wins the regional, is it how much opposing teams have to change their offenses or defenses to hopefully reduce an opposing player's output?

Case in point - Connor of Ashland had great stats during the year in multiple categories (points, rebs, and blocked shots) but she had poor stats during the most important game of the year due to foul trouble. One could also make the argument that no single player caused opponents to rework their defensive strategies more (double teaming, junk defenses, etc.)

Kissinger of Rowan on the other hand also had great season stats (even had a higher point average), was the definitive leader in Rowan's regional championship, and she won the MVP of the regional tournament.

Which player deserves the POY more? - IMO, both players are worthy of POY - it just depends on your personal definition of what the POY is.
HD28 Wrote:BTW...how many "teams that matter are there"?

By my count , Two..... The one that is going to return you back to the mediocrity of the 16th, and the last one standing. BTW... at no time did I imply you would not win the 16th.
Skip Pass Wrote:I don't understand some of the "debate" between some posters. The bottom line is that Rowan earned its way to state by beating 3 teams in the regional tourney. Is it possible that another team would be crowned champion if the tourney was replayed this week....well sure....but that is not how tournaments work. Rowan was the best team in the region when it mattered, from March 1 to March 6 - case closed.

Regarding POY awards and especially all-tourney teams I personally don't like them.

All-Tourney awards take a team victory and, many times, reduce it to individual accomplishments. I've also been around long enough to know 2 things:
1) Many voters don't even watch enough of the tourney games to justify their decisions (many base it on season performance)
2) Selections can be very political and not entirely based on performance alone.

Regarding POY awards, there is no clear-cut criteria that constitutes a POY - everyone has their own criteria. For example is it all stats (even if the team losses), is it the importance of a player to a winning team (even if much of the contribution doesn't show up in the box score), is it if the player's team wins the regional, is it how much opposing teams have to change their offenses or defenses to hopefully reduce an opposing player's output?

Case in point - Connor of Ashland had great stats during the year in multiple categories (points, rebs, and blocked shots) but she had poor stats during the most important game of the year due to foul trouble. One could also make the argument that no single player caused opponents to rework their defensive strategies more (double teaming, junk defenses, etc.)

Kissinger of Rowan on the other hand also had great season stats (even had a higher point average), was the definitive leader in Rowan's regional championship, and she won the MVP of the regional tournament.

Which player deserves the POY more? - IMO, both players are worthy of POY - it just depends on your personal definition of what the POY is.

Very well said!
Teeumup Wrote:By my count , Two..... The one that is going to return you back to the mediocrity of the 16th, and the last one standing. BTW... at no time did I imply you would not win the 16th.

Just wondering; your last couple of posts have named a differnet one each time, so just curious!

And, when will the bolded portion occur? Just so everyone will know....
You probably got the best draw you could have hoped for...........but I wouldn't break out the sound track of Hoosiers banking on a re-make !! Believe it or not ...I am wishing you LUCK !!:Clap: