Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone listen to WSGS last night? Perry/Leslie girls
Are announcers supposed to be as biased as they were last night on the radio. I know they have their favorites but are they supposed to actually cheer and put down the other team. I mean, they showed up first of all in Leslie County attire and this radio station is located in Perry County if I'm not mistaken. After all of the terrible comments throughout the game toward Perry, it got to the end and one of the announcers actually takes off his head set with 4 seconds to go with Leslie up 2 pts and actually starts giving high 5's to the Leslie County girls yelling we got this and started taking pictures. Are you kidding me, a radio announcer for a Perry County radio station actually did this, Wow. But it was a short lived party for the Lady Eagles, the girl from Perry drained a 3 at the buzzer for the 1 pt win.
Then more bad sportsmanship by WSGS announcers, last year when Perry lost to Leslie, they interviewed everyone in the gym even the waterboy, but who got interviewed this year? NO ONE, not even the winning coach or the girl that hit the shot, totally inappropriate for these folks. They just signed off, pitiful. Does anyone else think this was a bad way to treat these ladies? just wondering. I know it's hard to find people to actually go out and do these games for these kids and it's great that these guys travel around and do it, but there should be something said to them about how they acted in the finals of the district tournament last night. Very inappropriate.:redboxer:
Are you sure this wasnt the 97.9 crew from Lesllie County? CJ and John Newell. Now they all about Leslie County but thats where they are from. Now if it was the 101.1 boys who knows. They are usual pro Hazard.
This crew works for both stations. They usually do a great job, but on this one I would have to agree. There were times that I could tell that they were pulling for Leslie.