Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robbie Lucas officially named Head Coach of the Somerset Briar Jumpers
Somerset — Ladies and gentlemen, the Somerset High School Football Program has a new Head Coach, and his name is….Robbie Lucas.

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/localsp...65505.html
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Somerset — Ladies and gentlemen, the Somerset High School Football Program has a new Head Coach, and his name is….Robbie Lucas.

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/localsp...65505.html

Good Hire.

Congrats Coach Lucas and Best Of Luck To The Briar Jumpers in 2010
Good to see that a state championship run gets you a permanent spot. Good luck to Lucas and the Jumpers.
Good luck.
he done a great job. good to see him get the head spot.
IMO he deserved this job, He did a tremendous job last season and I hope we get to play them again this year.
We need some Somerset people on this board.
LONG overdue! Lucas more than proved himself this past season. I just wonder why it took so long to make the call. I don't think they could have found a better person for the job than Lucas.
Forever Maroon Wrote:LONG overdue! Lucas more than proved himself this past season. I just wonder why it took so long to make the call. I don't think they could have found a better person for the job than Lucas.

Read the article.
Panther Thunder Wrote:We need some Somerset people on this board.

Well you have 3 people on here from the Somerset area, but I don't think they are Somerset fans.
Long overdue IMO. Great man, great football coach, unfortunately working for one of the poorest administrations in the state. Congrats Coach Luc you deserve it!!!
I really enjoyed how the article talked about the middle school program helping to establish the athletes for the high school program. I remember running the spread offense for Coach Max in middle school over 10 years ago. Heck some Somerset parents work the spread offense into the system with their youngsters at the LCYFL. This is one of the main reasons Somerset has been able to stay competitive when the two county schools continue to grow in numbers.
I know I am probabaly going to get a lot of negative feedback on this but here we go....I think they need to close the City school and one of the County highschools and make one big school. I mean think about how that would affect the outcome for all sports in the area.
I'm i missing something or what? Was he not 4-16 at Lincoln and after he was fired they won the region? How is this a great hire? If he took over 10 days before the season started that would have meant all offensive and defensive and special teams would have already been installed for him. That does not seem like a tough situation to me. let someone else install it but take credit for it, I like that idea.