Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess Chili's doesn't want your business
Wanted to blow off some steam about some events that occurred yesterday, this is one of them, the other is discussed in another thread.

After bowling, my fiancee', her mother, and I decided to find a place to eat for a late lunch, around 3 PM. We were in Louisville, and spotted a nice looking Chili's. The parking lot wasn't too busy, and there weren't a whole lot of people inside, but a decent amount.

When we walked in, I could tell this was a newer restaurant - that or it was very well-cleaned. We get through the doors and stand, where the hostess usually is, waiting to be seated.

While standing there I looked around and saw a lot of disgruntled faces. Hardly anyone was eating (hadn't gotten their food yet) and a few looked upset, like they had been waiting for a while. I also saw 3 or 4 waitresses walking around, delivering food, etc. All of whom made eye contact, so I know they saw us.

One even made eye contact, then went to a table to fiddle around with some things. At no point during this time were we greeted, acknowledged, or even at the very least, told someone would seat us shortly. We stood there for approx. 5 minutes and we were like, "Uh, is anyone ever going to seat us?"

The girls were getting restless, but I thought we should wait another minute or two.

After standing there for about 10 minutes, it was getting ridiculous. If this was the way our experience was going to be at Chili's then how bad would the rest of it be? If you have to wait 10 minutes just to get seated, during a slow time of the day when you're the only one's waiting, then how long would it take for anything else?

We decided, if this was how poor the service was going to be, that we would just try our luck somewhere else. We found a Big Boy a couple miles down the road, where we were greeted immediately and seated immediately. Found it somewhat comical that a Big Boy would provide better service than a Chili's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Man did you have UK stuff on? I mean you were in Louisville and they might still be butt hurt.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man did you have UK stuff on? I mean you were in Louisville and they might still be butt hurt.

This is all the explanation you need.

With all due respect to BGR posters who may live in Louisville. I have lived in numerous areas and Louisville is my least favorite by far. It is a small city who thinks it is a big city and has lost all of its small town feeling. I live in the Greater Atlanta area and the people and businesses down here, for the most part, far surpass Louisville in terms of service, personality, and downright friendliness.

Of all the places I have traveled the only city I can't stand more than Louisville is St. Louis. The reason why you may ask? Because all St. Louis is to me is a bigger version of Louisville.

...and this rant has NOTHING to do with the UK/UL rivalry FWIW.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man did you have UK stuff on? I mean you were in Louisville and they might still be butt hurt.

No, I was incognito. Had on a Johnny Bench, Reds t-shirt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]