Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC new Head Coach
How is the new head coach doing with the basketball team?
It may be early, but this team is definatley not on the same page right now. Things will turn around for JC as they begin to adjust to the new style and system, but as of now they have problems. They just do not seem to be gelling like one of the top temas in the region should be, but like I have said in other posts. It is still December and they have time, as we all do.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:It may be early, but this team is definatley not on the same page right now. Things will turn around for JC as they begin to adjust to the new style and system, but as of now they have problems. They just do not seem to be gelling like one of the top temas in the region should be, but like I have said in other posts. It is still December and they have time, as we all do.
What the heck are you talking about Matney? They looked about as good as anyone I have seen against Lawrence County last friday. Maybe they just had a bad game when they played your Cards I dont know, but they looked awesome to me. I looked at the KHSAA and they are now 4-2 with what looks like very convincing wins the last 3 games. Looks like jello to me.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:What the heck are you talking about Matney? They looked about as good as anyone I have seen against Lawrence County last friday. Maybe they just had a bad game when they played your Cards I dont know, but they looked awesome to me. I looked at the KHSAA and they are now 4-2 with what looks like very convincing wins the last 3 games. Looks like jello to me.

Then you must have only seen JC this year. They looked awful at SC. It was only a 12 point loss, but the game was never that close. They are 4-2 with wins over Betsy Lane (1-3), East Carter (3-3, but have beaten nobody with a winning record), and Hart County (2-6). They have one quality win and that was Lawrence at home. WOW. Your right lets just send them to Rupp now. This team is playing way below their potential and is not gelling as I said.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:It may be early, but this team is definatley not on the same page right now. Things will turn around for JC as they begin to adjust to the new style and system, but as of now they have problems. They just do not seem to be gelling like one of the top temas in the region should be, but like I have said in other posts. It is still December and they have time, as we all do.

How long does B-ball last?
I guess when a new coach does come in that it should take awhile for the boys to get adjusted. That would only be normal. They aren't clones yet lol.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:Then you must have only seen JC this year. They looked awful at SC. It was only a 12 point loss, but the game was never that close. They are 4-2 with wins over Betsy Lane (1-3), East Carter (3-3, but have beaten nobody with a winning record), and Hart County (2-6). They have one quality win and that was Lawrence at home. WOW. Your right lets just send them to Rupp now. This team is playing way below their potential and is not gelling as I said.
Your right I have only seen them one time but they were very impressive. I'm guessing that you have only seen them once yourself. Again maybe they just had a bad night when you saw them. Then again maybe I just saw them on a good night. Teams can get better you know.From what I have read, Sheldon Clark may be in the same category, they dont seem to be setting the world on fire either, but I have personaly not seen them. They dont exactly have a great record either though.
where is he from? didn't know they had a new one.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Your right I have only seen them one time but they were very impressive. I'm guessing that you have only seen them once yourself. Again maybe they just had a bad night when you saw them. Then again maybe I just saw them on a good night. Teams can get better you know.From what I have read, Sheldon Clark may be in the same category, they dont seem to be setting the world on fire either, but I have personaly not seen them. They dont exactly have a great record either though.

I have seen them twice. This thread has nothing to do with SC. It asked about JC's situation with the new coach. What does that have to do with SC's record? I brought up JC's record beacuse you made them out to be world beaters when they are far from it as of now. They have potential to turn things around, but not playing the way they did the 2 times I saw them.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:I have seen them twice. This thread has nothing to do with SC. It asked about JC's situation with the new coach. What does that have to do with SC's record? I brought up JC's record beacuse you made them out to be world beaters when they are far from it as of now. They have potential to turn things around, but not playing the way they did the 2 times I saw them.
Well OK there mr expert on Johnson Central basketball.

Where did I say they were world beaters?

You made a statement that they were not on the same page and were not playing as a team and had not gelled. All I did was make the statement that on the night that they played Lawrence Co. that they did all look on the same page to me and that they looked very impressive. The coach looked to me like he had them all very well on the same page. Go back and read it and see if I said something different.

I would be safe in saying that your knowledge of Johnson Central basketball is basicly not any more than mine.