Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be the top ten in 2A this year?
Who do you think will be in the top ten and where?
#1 Murray
#2 DeSales
#3 Prestonsburg
#4 Monroe Co.
#5 Corbin
#6 Green Co.
#7 Newport Central Cath.
#8 Shelby Valley
#9 Christian Academy- Louisville
#10 Trigg Co.

This is what i think it will be like. If you are wondering why Fort Campbell isn't up here, I heard that they are changing to 3A this year. If it is not true then i move every team down one spot. Tell me what you think about my predictions.
Fort Campbell
NCC
Corbin
Green Co.
Monroe Co.
Murray
Prestonsburg
DeSales
Shelby Valley
Danville

I would bump everyone down one spot. Fort Campbell wont change classes next season. They have the 2010 POY in 2A in Troy Turner, who is also another Mr. Football canidate.

Newport Central returns almost every starter in the skill positions. I would say they bring back roughly 3,500 yards of offense. I wouldnt be surpised to see The Breds back in the state title game for the 4th time in 5 years.

Corbin Redhounds lose Caleb Watkins, Frits and Manns. Back comes Roman Mitchell, and Matt Taylor. With these two guys coming back, Corbin will once again be a force come playoff time.

Green County Returns a 1800 yard rusher, and a lot of depth from a 9-4 squad

Monroe Co. is fresh from a semi-state appereance. They return their leading rusher/passer/rec/ from a 10-4 team. Look out to all the team in the west. Monroe could make a deep run...

Murray statistically looses a lot, I'm not real familar with them, but they seem to bring back a big senior class accourding to khsaa roster.

Prestonsburg will have talent once again. Josh Jamerson should be the district play of the year, and might be the best returning football player in EKY. Pburg didnt seem to have much depth last season. They could be ranked higher, but only time will tell.

Can anyone speak for DeSales? I got to watch them at state, and I was very impressed with their team. The RB was a senior, who was there best do it all guy. I checked DeSales stats online, and they lose everything.

Shelby Valley looses 15 seniors, but have good talent coming back. They just seem to lack any type of game time esp. Brett Reynolds will help out a lot. With Reynolds and Rusty Roberts. Valley could have another good season.

Danville is the most historic, and is a threat every year. Coach Harp is clearly the most sucsessful coach in 2A.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Fort Campbell
NCC
Corbin
Green Co.
Monroe Co.
Murray
Prestonsburg
DeSales
Shelby Valley
Danville

I would bump everyone down one spot. Fort Campbell wont change classes next season. They have the 2010 POY in 2A in Troy Turner, who is also another Mr. Football canidate.

Newport Central returns almost every starter in the skill positions. I would say they bring back roughly 3,500 yards of offense. I wouldnt be surpised to see The Breds back in the state title game for the 4th time in 5 years.

Corbin Redhounds lose Caleb Watkins, Frits and Manns. Back comes Roman Mitchell, and Matt Taylor. With these two guys coming back, Corbin will once again be a force come playoff time.

Green County Returns a 1800 yard rusher, and a lot of depth from a 9-4 squad

Monroe Co. is fresh from a semi-state appereance. They return their leading rusher/passer/rec/ from a 10-4 team. Look out to all the team in the west. Monroe could make a deep run...

Murray statistically looses a lot, I'm not real familar with them, but they seem to bring back a big senior class accourding to khsaa roster.

Prestonsburg will have talent once again. Josh Jamerson should be the district play of the year, and might be the best returning football player in EKY. Pburg didnt seem to have much depth last season. They could be ranked higher, but only time will tell.

Can anyone speak for DeSales? I got to watch them at state, and I was very impressed with their team. The RB was a senior, who was there best do it all guy. I checked DeSales stats online, and they lose everything.

Shelby Valley looses 15 seniors, but have good talent coming back. They just seem to lack any type of game time esp. Brett Reynolds will help out a lot. With Reynolds and Rusty Roberts. Valley could have another good season.

Danville is the most historic, and is a threat every year. Coach Harp is clearly the most sucsessful coach in 2A.

Very in depth post...will be good to see how this plays out.
Ft Campbell won't be in the top 5, and its not Troy Turner who is returning it's wide out Tre Powell who is their only returning speed guy. They may move him to QB. They lost all their playmakers from the last couple of years Andrews, Turner, Moreno, Crank, along with their best two lineman and linbacker Hughes.
They'll be a solid team, but their run is over.
hooaah Wrote:Ft Campbell won't be in the top 5, and its not Troy Turner who is returning it's wide out Tre Powell who is their only returning speed guy. They may move him to QB. They lost all their playmakers from the last couple of years Andrews, Turner, Moreno, Crank, along with their best two lineman and linbacker Hughes.
They'll be a solid team, but their run is over.

So how would you rank the teams from 2A in the top ten?
Fort Campbell never rebuilds, they just reload. My bad on the Tre Powell state. I got a chance to see Powell play at WKU. He was their best defensive player, and has the ability to play major college football.

Untill someone is 2A beats Fort Campbell, in my eyes they are #1

Since 2007
3 years, 3 state titiles. (Best in KY football)
42-3 Record.( Best in all of KY football)
undefeated against their class-2A (only team in KY)
Fort Campbell is the most dominate team in their class in KY. They truely are untested in 2A
murray tested them
The Iceboxx Wrote:Fort Campbell is the most dominate team in their class in KY. They truely are untested in 2A
Are you serious they nearly lost to a team that most people thought should have been blown out by Ft. Campbell (Murray) the only reason they won was by meer luck. Yes it was a nice catch but the the throw was thrown with a hope that it would be caught. I watched this game and had the game gone to over-time Murray would be wearing state championship rings. Ft. Campbell's "Mr. Football" just lobbed it up hoping a miricle would happen and it did. Pure luck and yes Murray did test them.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Fort Campbell is the most dominate team in their class in KY. They truely are untested in 2A
Untested? Really?
So your saying that Fort Campbell has had no competition what so ever this past year?
Let me remind you that they had the toughest game they ever had against a team that was supposed to lose by more than 20 points according to most of kentucky, but they end up winning by a touchdown. If you would have came to that game, you would have said, now that was a real State Championship Game.
bigg Wrote:Are you serious they nearly lost to a team that most people thought should have been blown out by Ft. Campbell (Murray) the only reason they won was by meer luck. Yes it was a nice catch but the the throw was thrown with a hope that it would be caught. I watched this game and had the game gone to over-time Murray would be wearing state championship rings. Ft. Campbell's "Mr. Football" just lobbed it up hoping a miricle would happen and it did. Pure luck and yes Murray did test them.

SO what is your arguement against me.

That they are the most dominate team in their respected class? You mentioned the one game against a 2A team that was within a 30 point game in the last 3 seasons. Not any teams are this dominate, not Highlands in 5A, Boyle in 4A, Saint X in 6A.

Or are you arguing that they are untested? You speak as if Murray was a horrible team. M. High went 13-1. If youre getting technical though, then youre correct. You got me....Once Fort Campbell was tested...I guess i was just speaking about the other 30+ games in the last 3 seasons when they beat their competition by 50+ every friday night.
football dude Wrote:So how would you rank the teams from 2A in the top ten?

Honestly, I don't have a full grasp of all the 2A teams out there to rank the rest. Murray will be good again, they did lose some of those big linemen, but I'm told their good backs are back this year.

If you assume Ft Campbell is at the top simply because of their record the last three seasons, which is outstanding, you're looking at it objectively. They're lost all their skilled position players, except Tre Powell, and their line, plus their two best linebackers (Crank and Hughes). They're just not going to be the same team.

Yes they've had a great run, had two Mr Footballs in the last 4 years, had kids sign with UK, WKU, Murray State, Notre Dame, but what they have now doesn't compare. Unless they get in influx of talent through military moves, of which Ft Knox is now going to compete, they are going to be above average, but not great.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Prestonsburg will have talent once again. Josh Jamerson should be the district play of the year, and might be the best returning football player in EKY. Pburg didnt seem to have much depth last season. They could be ranked higher, but only time will tell.

It's Joseph.

DeSales lost a lot to graduation, but they do return a potential recruit in #40 (forgot his name). He started at FB/DL for the Colts. DeSales has a lot of holes to fill with the loss of majority of their line and skill positions. Sanders has created quite the program in Louisville and should have another good season, but I don't expect them to be a team that could reach the state finals again.

I expect NewCath to probably be the best from districts 5-8. CAL is no pushover either from the 5th district. I also wouldn't sleep on DeSales, Corbin, or Prestonsburg.
Will they move the Jamerson kid to QB since he is their best athlete?