Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morehead Summer Football Camp
Who Is All Goin To The Camp This Year?
idk but in 2001 thats where the blackcats went
Hazard Went Down This Past Summer and Said It Was A Good Camp, Very Hot On The Turf Though.
Yes, Shelby Valley has went the past few years and the turf does get very hot..seems like you're moving around every few seconds trying to keep your feet cool, I know while we were there we did a lot of practicing on the soccer field down the road..lol
id say sheldon clark will be there they have been there the last 2 years... hager likes it there
ya LCC went down there too but they lost their scrimage privaleges along with cawood and East ridge but Shelby Valley was not pentalized at all even though they also took part in some frowned upon things.
LCC will be going somewhere different this year I dont know where though and yes the turf at morehead was definately cooking that week.
I'd say Lawrence County will be going to Morehead again this year.
we are going. we go every year.
East Ridge doesn't go to Morehead every year. I agree with you guys, the turf was definatly hot. The food there was pretty good, and the dorms weren't that bad. It's a good camp to go to IMO.
Welp Shelby Valley has been goin for the past years and this year most coaches was saying that they was the hardest hitting team down there along with great team work! They did beat Cawood really bad down there and I think a few players said they was threaten there lifes if they did something wrong in the dorms or to anyone. But if you gotl the lockerrooms they was not to good b/c you had to share with other teams and I remember bunch of players said that LCC was stealing from SV. But its ok because they paid them back out on the field! lmfao And last year that is the first time I saw ER down there and ratliff didn't know until he went one year with SV.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I never heard any coaches say that Shelby Valley was the hardest hitting team down there, because they wasn't. You had big teams like Hazard, Dunbar, and I think that i do recall North and South Laurel were down there too. I don't think valley can out hit those guys. I watched Hazard do the most crazy hitting drill I've ever seen. They would run with big pad about 50 yard then clock each other. It looked to me like lineman were going with running backs or whoever wanted to go with them. Last year was the only year East Ridge has went to Morehead. I thought it was a good camp, I wouldn't mind going back again next year.
The Warrior Wrote:I never heard any coaches say that Shelby Valley was the hardest hitting team down there, because they wasn't. You had big teams like Hazard, Dunbar, and I think that i do recall North and South Laurel were down there too. I don't think valley can out hit those guys. I watched Hazard do the most crazy hitting drill I've ever seen. They would run with big pad about 50 yard then clock each other. It looked to me like lineman were going with running backs or whoever wanted to go with them. Last year was the only year East Ridge has went to Morehead. I thought it was a good camp, I wouldn't mind going back again next year.

Hmm..from what I was told by plenty of members of Shelby Valley's Football team was that Coach Anthony Hampton personally asked Hazrd to scrimmage them..and well..they wouldn't..don't know why...but they said no..well..that is why Shelby Valley came back earlier than expected..noone else would scrimmage them at camp..so they just simply left when they felt they had accomplished all they needed to.:wieghts: