Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark 92 - Ashland 51
Final - 1/29

Ashland
----------------10--13--21---7---51
George Rogers Clark----29--24--25--24---92

Ashland: Gregg 13, Skaggs 9, Withrow 8, Delaney 7, Gibbs 3, Hornbuckle 3, Swift 3, Whetsel 3, Johnson 2.
George Rogers Clark: Zollo 26, Daniel 18, Rogers 14, Stenzel 11, Vancleve 8, Purvis 7, Kindred 5, Skinner 2, Fatkin 1.

FG: Ashland 18/59 (5/20 3Pt), Clark 32/70 (8/18 3Pt)
FT: Ashland 10/20, Clark 20/28
Reb: Ashland 28, Clark 53
TO: Ashland 22, Clark 15

Also, don't have the JV score but Clark won that game as well. First loss for Ashland's JV on the year.

=====

Ashland (15-5) at Fairview (15-3) -- Sat 1/30 7:30pm
George Rogers Clark (18-4) vs. Scott Co. (14-5) -- Sat 1/30 7:30pm
Not surprised by the outcome, but I thought that the Tomcats would keep it closer than a 41 point game:yikes:
Thought the game would be closer, nice win for GRC :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Not surprised by the outcome, but I thought that the Tomcats would keep it closer than a 41 point game:yikes:

Dawg 81 Wrote:Thought the game would be closer, nice win for GRC :Thumbs:

GRC came out smoking and went on a 11-2 run to start the game, Ashland had to call several TO's. Cards are really playing good ball right now. Thought they may over look Ashland because of playing Scott Co tomorrow night, didn't happen. They came out and took care of business. They are on a mission this year.
Sure didn't expect this much of a blow out.

Congrats Cards!
Wow I said Clark Co by 15+ but never expected them to win by 41.

Isn't Ashland favored to win the 16th?

Hasn't been a very good year for mountain favorites against the state's top teams. Shelby Valley is the only one who has been competitive.

Seneca beat KCC by 50 and Clark Co beats Ashland by 41.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Wow I said Clark Co by 15+ but never expected them to win by 41.

Hasn't been a very good year for mountain favorites against the state's top teams. Shelby Valley is the only one who has been competitive.

I thought GRC would win but like you, not 41 points. Very unselfish play by the Cards with 18 assists. GRC out rebounded the Tomcats 53-25.

As far as the favorite in the 16th I would put, East Carter, Fairview and Ashland, in that order.
One of the stronger GRC fans said (after the game) that this may have been the best game they have played all year. All I can say is, "I hope so". Their length was a killer advantage, their big men ran the floor and shot the ball (Zollo had two sweet looking three's), their guards cut through the press like a knife through hot butter, and they were extremely unselfish with the ball.

I don't think anyone in the state could have beaten them tonight.

Humphrey does a fantastic job with them, and when you give him that kind of talent, you need to stand back and make sure no one gets hurt.

Killer team - just killer.

Ashland really hasn't played all that well for the last two or three weeks, but even if we had, we were not going to beat GRC tonight. If they play like they did tonight, and Ashland played to our fullest potential, I don't know if we could beat them once in a one hundred game series. They were smoking hot tonight.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Wow I said Clark Co by 15+ but never expected them to win by 41.

Perry has also been competitive.
How many times in Kentucky are you going to run into a team with that much fire power? If they can play that well every time out I wouldn't think there are many teams in this state that could beat them. I don't know what their field goal percentage was but it had to be impressive. I hope GRC fans are enjoying the team they have for this year and next! I'd consider going down again tomorrow night to see the Scott Co/GRC game if Ashland wasn't playing, ought to be some game! Clark has Mason Co coming up, no offense to Mason but GRC could probably almost name it.

Ashland will get back to work with renewed determination, I would think. They have Fairview tomorrow night.
Clark County is a good team. They have lost to four teams from the 7th Region. It would appear that the 7th Region tournament may end up being superior to the state tournament in regard to quality of teams. It was good to hear that the gymnasium at Clark County is named after legendary coach, Letcher Norton, just as Ashland's gymnasium is named after another legend, James A. Anderson.
During the game last night it seemed like about everything Clark threw up went down. After reading the paper today they shot just under 50%, still respectable though. Ashland definitely can play better and the game could have been a lot closer. This game will serve its purpose and Ashland will mature as a result of competing with good teams like GRC.
Why did Biggs get a T last night?
I'm not sure, but I'd guess that he wasn't too happy with some of the calls.