Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Princeton (OH) 57 Holmes 54 OT
Imo Holmes biggest problem is settling for the outside shot. In both halfs yesterday Holmes went through strecthes where they settled for 3 point shots on 5 straight attempts. It reminded me a lot of the state championship game. With Holmes lineup there is no way they should get close to 20 attempts from 3. I think this is the 3rd game where Holmes has attempted over 25 three point shots in a game. You just can't keep bailing the defense out like that...........Now with that said Holmes has still been in every game they've played this year. With a chance to win or tie late in the 4th. And that's against a very tough schedule. The defense will always keep them in games. I think it's just a matter of attacking the basket going forward for the Dawgs.
Holmes will be fine, but don't act like these losses are no big deal. They need to be winning some of these games. After all they are the defending state champs, and up to this point have done a very poor job representing Kentucky with that title.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Holmes will be fine, but don't act like these losses are no big deal. They need to be winning some of these games. After all they are the defending state champs, and up to this point have done a very poor job representing Kentucky with that title.

They have won some of those games, They beat Memphis Central TN, and Chaparral AZ, and lost by 2 points to Bowman Academy, and 3 points in OT to Princeton. They are playing very competitive against these teams, the only one that I was completely disappointed about was the Mceachern GA. game. There 3 out of state losses have come by an avg of 4ppg its not like they are getting humiliated by those teams. I think Bowman and Princeton would give any team in the state a run for they money and probably beat all but one or 2 teams. Memphis Central has already showed there worth at the KOB playing extremely well.

Anyteam that steps out of state to play top competition is subject to some losses, See Holmes this year, Ballard this year, Eastern had also lost 2 games out of state, and look at Scott Co in 09 and 10 ect... When you play out of state you don't know what will happen. With the rest of Holmes schedule being in state from here on, we will see how good they really are instead of looking into games vs teams from other states.
^ good post, makes a lot of sense