Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County looking for head coach AGAIN.
Stepp resigned after one season Ledford resigned after 2 seasons.
If I remember correctly, Ledford disagreed with the administration on some things related to football. I don't know about Stepp...from what I read on another board they aren't sorry to see him go.
Sounds like their are issues there
whats-it-2u Wrote:Stepp resigned after one season Ledford resigned after 2 seasons.
Say what you want about Stepp but if one coach leaves after 2 seasons and another one leaves after only 1, you had better start looking for the real problem. Something is making them leave.
Tough place to coach.
whats-it-2u Wrote:Tough place to coach.

Yep, tough place to coach. Any time you have women principals and a woman AD you are going to have problems. Football is not a priority there.
I don't know alot about Franklin County but to think because you have a woman AD and a woman principal is the problem just does not make sense to me. I have seen male AD's and principals that don't like football. They would rather do away with it and concentrate on Band and Baskeball.
The entire admin has ZERO clue about how to operate when there is success, sometimes that is tough. Wasn't the AD at FCHS the one that wrote a proposal for basketball players to play AAU year round???? Talk about an uninfromed idiot!!! Good thing someone jerked a knot in her a$$ and the proposal was taken off the agenda!
Mountain Warrior Wrote:I don't know alot about Franklin County but to think because you have a woman AD and a woman principal is the problem just does not make sense to me. I have seen male AD's and principals that don't like football. They would rather do away with it and concentrate on Band and Baskeball.

I agree.

Granted, I still think it's fair to say that the majority of your women administrators dont fully embrace athletic programs and their value as they should.

However, I'm like you. I know several male administrators that couldn't care less about them as well. Most of your male administrators with this feeling towards athletics were once either A) Coaches themselves who had little to no success or B) Never were apart of athletics as either a player and/or coach.
Anybody know how many coaches they have had the last 10 years?
Buddy Ryan Wrote:Anybody know how many coaches they have had the last 10 years?

Id like to know as well
Franklin has alot of problems. The could care less if Frankfort and Western Hills beats them every year.
What do they want? The golf and band gets far more respect from the people in charge, so let them be everyone's whipping boy.