Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Invitational Tournament
who is going to win the longest standing tourney in the state of kentucky?
allen central rebels Wrote:who is going to win the longest standing tourney in the state of kentucky?

Well it would be nice to know the match-ups. With this being a statewide site, most of us have no idea what you are talking about.
I thought the AIT was the longest running tourney in the state.
Soooo what tourney would you be talking about?
The Pikeville Invitational Tournament will be an 8 team tournament, in which all teams will play three games, but one loss and you cannot win the tournament. Same type as the Smoky Mountain Tournament. The Matchups will be (According to Khsaa.org):

Lawrence County vs. Letcher Central
Paintsville vs. Pike County Central
Woodford County vs. Betsy Layne
Pikeville vs. Allen Central

All games will be played at The Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center located in Downtown Pikeville. The tourney will span 3 days with a champion being crowned on the 3rd day. If one loses the first game, they will fall to a consolation bracket and the best the team can finish is 5th place. The losers will play and the winners of those games will play for 5th and the 0-2 teams will play for 7th place. The winners of the first round games will meet in the semifinals, the winners play in the chamionship and the losers in the 3rd place game.

Good Luck to all teams, no injuries, and I hope they enjoy their time in the city of Pikeville.

Go Panthers!
Stardust Wrote:Well it would be nice to know the match-ups. With this being a statewide site, most of us have no idea what you are talking about.
Feel free to put my above post in the OP's post, it will help users who just read that first post.
thank for explaning man,and sorry to everyone else i just figured you guys would know.
My predictions:

Lawrence County vs. Letcher Central - Letcher Central
Paintsville vs. Pike County Central - Pike Central
Woodford County vs. Betsy Layne - Betsy Layne
Pikeville vs. Allen Central - Pikevile
Pikeville is going to struggle in the PIT if they keep running the same offense...firing three pointers at will is not the answer...the offense should start by going down low to free up the outside...the big men have been the only consistent offense they have had this year...this coaching staff only knows an offense that allows the guards to fire at will...Pikeville fans should be upset...:HitWall:
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Pikeville is going to struggle in the PIT if they keep running the same offense...firing three pointers at will is not the answer...the offense should start by going down low to free up the outside...the big men have been the only consistent offense they have had this year...this coaching staff only knows an offense that allows the guards to fire at will...Pikeville fans should be upset...:HitWall:

If the team runs the offense correctly, the ball should get to the open man. But just because you get the ball inside, you don't necessarily have to try to shoot it with three or four defensive players blocking your progress. Watch UK's team and you will see the outside-inside game with kick-outs that goes to the open man for the shot. Free throw shooting is the big worry right now that needs to be addressed. Remember that it is the total points made by the team that determines their score. Assists are real important to a team' s success and will take the "I" out of team. I think that this team is improving each game and showing more teamwork than last year's. Oh, by the way, what frees up the big men under the goal?
Letcher will win this one !
I'm picking LC to win this tourny. But even so i think the winner of the tourney will be LC or LCC cause both teams are very solie
I'm going to go with Letcher Central winning this one but i also think that Betsy Layne may surprise a few people and might even have a shot at winning it!!