Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overated Team in the 14th Region
Who do you think it is?
I think Knott Central is the most overated team.
Wow, I say PCC is then or hazard...been thathazard got beat by breathitt
These threads never end well... That being said, I have not drank the Breathitt Co. Koo-laid yet. They may surprise me by sticking around in the top 3-4 but somehow I doubt it.
I would say either Knott Central or Hazard.
This thread could be fun, While it lasts lol. But I think the most overated team is either Breathitt or Buckhorn.
Well everyone thinks Knotts going to walk through the region so obviously them.
Hard to say until this top teams start playing each other. In the next couple of weeks we should have a pretty clear picture of who is legit and who isn't.
I will say that I don't think Knott or Perry is overrated. IMO they are the top 2 teams in this region.
Knott and Perry are definitely for real, they are no doubt the top teams. Breathitt has to prove the win against Hazard wasn't a fluke and Buckhorn has to get Colwell healthy. Breathitt, Hazard, and Buckhorn are playing for 3rd. Would have to say Hazard is the most over rated team right now, but Coach Holland will have his troops ready to roll after Christmas like always.
king360 Wrote:This thread could be fun, While it lasts lol. But I think the most overated team is either Breathitt or Buckhorn.

Breathitt is playing well. They did beat Hazard and everyone else they have played. Hard to call that overrated.

Buckhorn does have a good win over S. Laurel and is, currently, playing without their starting power forward, who is a major part of that team. A Christmas trip to Bowling Green and opening the new year at PCC and facing SV in the WYMT will tell about the overrated part. They are, still , doing a heck of a job for a team that is, pretty much, all sophomores.
pedromorales Wrote:Breathitt is playing well. They did beat Hazard and everyone else they have played. Hard to call that overrated.

Buckhorn does have a good win over S. Laurel and is, currently, playing without their starting power forward, who is a major part of that team. A Christmas trip to Bowling Green and opening the new year at PCC and facing SV in the WYMT will tell about the overrated part. They are, still , doing a heck of a job for a team that is, pretty much, all sophomores.

The hazard team they beat isn't the same team hazard has had over the last few years. They are down this year.
Bluecat Wrote:Hard to say until this top teams start playing each other. In the next couple of weeks we should have a pretty clear picture of who is legit and who isn't.

Bluecat Wrote:I will say that I don't think Knott or Perry is overrated. IMO they are the top 2 teams in this region.

mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott and Perry are definitely for real, they are no doubt the top teams. Breathitt has to prove the win against Hazard wasn't a fluke and Buckhorn has to get Colwell healthy. Breathitt, Hazard, and Buckhorn are playing for 3rd. Would have to say Hazard is the most over rated team right now, but Coach Holland will have his troops ready to roll after Christmas like always.

IMO these posts are pretty accurate.
Here's what the Region looks like right now:
1. Perry Central: 5-0, 1-0 region
2. Knott Central: 4-0, 2-0 region
3. Breathitt Co.: 3-0, 3-0 region
4. Buckhorn: 4-1, 2-0 region
5. Wolfe Co.: 4-1, 0-0 region
6. June Buchanan: 3-1, 2-1 region
7. Hazard: 2-1, 1-1 region
8. Leslie Co.: 1-1, 0-1 region
9. Powell Co.: 3-2, 2-0 region
10. Lee Co.: 3-2, 3-1 region
11. Jackson City: 2-2, 1-2 region
12. Letcher Central: 1-2, 1-1 region
13. Owsley Co.: 1-3, 0-1 regoin
14. Riverside Christian: 1-4, 0-1 region
15. Estill Co.: 1-5, 0-2 region
16. Jenkins: 0-5, 0-3 region
17. Cordia: 0-5, 0-4 region
Im going to say Knott Central .
The only knock against Knott is they have no inside game to go to IF the 3's are ever not going in, we all know that happens every once in a while. But I think Cox and Stamper can still get to the basket when that happens. Will be a hard team to beat.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:The only knock against Knott is they have no inside game to go to IF the 3's are ever not going in, we all know that happens every once in a while. But I think Cox and Stamper can still get to the basket when that happens. Will be a hard team to beat.

I think this will hurt KCC no inside game and also I was looking last night at who KCC plays this yr. Beside's PCC they don't really play a tough sch. this could hurt them come tourn. time. Also Cox has really gain alot of muscle and may have hurt his shot but stamper is for real.
king360 Wrote:This thread could be fun, While it lasts lol. But I think the most overated team is either Breathitt or Buckhorn.

Well, since not many "experts" picked either one of these teams to do much, how can you call them overrated? Maybe you meant overachievers.
Breathitt
Bluecat Wrote:I will say that I don't think Knott or Perry is overrated. IMO they are the top 2 teams in this region.
I agree. They both have played well against good competition out in the state. Neither are overrated.
Breathitt still has to prove themselves, but they have potential. However, they may not even win their district. Wolfe is pretty good this year too.

Hazard is rated in the top 5, which is about right. They lost a lot from last year and are not what they have been in the past few years. There's not much of a chance for them to return to Rupp this year imo.. But the teams that are beating them had better enjoy it for the next 2 years, because they are loaded up in their 6th through 8th grade teams with a LOT of redshirts, and they have great potential and talent. I'm not sure but I don't think their 8th grade team lost a game this year. Wolfe, another redshirt dominated group, is the only team I know of that gave them much of a game.
anyone that says Knott and Perry are overrated are rediculous. They are both good teams with a chance to make some noise down state this year and represent the mountains well along with Shelby Valley. After these three teams, there is a big falloff of talent from the mountains. I have not seen Corbin play so I cannot comment on them thus far.