Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian 55 - Mayfield 19 (1A Championship)
Final
Lexington Christian Academy won the Class A football championship by manhandling Mayfield 55-19 Saturday night in L.T. Smith Stadium. The Eagles’ 55 points were the most ever scored in a 1A finals in the 50-year history of the playoffs.

LCA’s senior trio of Domonique Hayden, Lucas Witt and Branden Burdette closed out their careers in style.

Hayden ran 38 times for 210 yards and 2 TDs, pushing his state career record totals to 138 TDs, 120 rushing TDs and 837 points.

Witt completed 13 of 20 passes for 205 yards and 3 TDs. He also ran 9 times for 65 yards and 2 TDs.

Burdette had 7 catches for 141 yards and 2 TDs. He also had 2 interceptions on defense.

Kentucky.com
I was pretty close. I said 42-14 LCA.
LCA is the best team in the Rams district, and now the state,:Clap:
Took us to the woodshed, I knew it was possible but I really wanted more of that Mayfield Magic that we have had over the years. Congrats to LCA
To many turnovers for Mayfield. I think they had 4 turnovers in their first 6 possession and fumbled but recovered on the other two. LCA's team speed was just to much for Mayfield. Big 75 for LCA was very impressive to watch in person. This kid blocks very well and man can he move for a big guy.
As soon as Witt, Burdette, and Hayden cross the stage to graduate there will be a collective sigh of relief from the 1A teams in Kentucky. Those three seemlike they are 5th year Seniors!
LC put a whipping on Mayfield.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As soon as Witt, Burdette, and Hayden cross the stage to graduate there will be a collective sigh of relief from the 1A teams in Kentucky. Those three seemlike they are 5th year Seniors!

You mean they only been on varsity just for 4 yrs. I think the whole city of Raceland will be at graduation just to make sure they get their diplomas.

Congrats to LCA. This years team was by far the best 1A team I had ever seen and second best HS team I had seen ever.
Hazard sure played LCA a lot closer than Mayfield did.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard sure played LCA a lot closer than Mayfield did.

Cant despute that
After seeing that Beechwood shellacking, I figured Mayfield had a real shot to knock off LCA. Looks like I was wrong.

Congrats to both teams on great seasons!
LCA was a great team, congrats.
LCA has a lineman that I believe is the best in the state and is only a junior. Big , fast and loves contact. West may be his name. Very impressive!!!!!!!
Xerxes Wrote:LCA has a lineman that I believe is the best in the state and is only a junior. Big , fast and loves contact. West may be his name. Very impressive!!!!!!!

Yes they do. He will go to a great D1 school if he continues in his hard work. Believe that.
Xerxes Wrote:LCA has a lineman that I believe is the best in the state and is only a junior. Big , fast and loves contact. West may be his name. Very impressive!!!!!!!

#75 Zach West 6'5" 305 pound Junior being recruited heavily by ND, OhioState, UK, UL, Cincy, etc

Moves well, coached well, great technique, good weightroom strength and a natural Frame from which to build upon.

He is Real - as he showed in BG at the State Title game!