Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 60 Boyd County 52
final
Missing free throws cost the lions this one. Very scrappy defense, some bad passes, but looked better tonight than last week.:Thumbs:
Captain Kangaroo Wrote:Missing free throws cost the lions this one. Very scrappy defense, some bad passes, but looked better tonight than last week.:Thumbs:
Russell scouts say Rowan is like Boyd and can't handle pressure
We play Rowan tomorrow in the ekc tournament and it sounds like they're going to get a dose of what Boyd got.
Congrats RC
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell scouts say Rowan is like Boyd and can't handle pressure

This is exactly what I heard as well. I normally attend most of Rowan Co's games, but have not seen any this year.

From what I hear as well, that was probably Boyd's only chance to win a game, unless they get by Rose Hill. Rowan Co is really struggling this year as well.
Rowan Co. 13 12 16 19 60

Boyd Co. 8 12 9 23 52

Rowan Co. (1-1) -- Cross 15, Ginter 12, Wing 19, Cory Hunter 9, Ford 1, Cody Hunter 3, Ison 1.
Boyd Co. (0-2) -- Johnson 3, Gindlesperger 15, Miller 5, Mayse 10, Rankin 6, Middleton 2, Traylor 11.
Kentucky.com
Congrats to Coach Thacker.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We play Rowan tomorrow in the ekc tournament and it sounds like they're going to get a dose of what Boyd got.

Hmmm. Maybe Rowan was better than russell thought..how do you like your crow........well done?????:1:
Captain Kangaroo Wrote:Hmmm. Maybe Rowan was better than russell thought..how do you like your crow........well done?????:1:
you can't serve crow when Russell won sorry also Rowan shot double the free throws Russell did. Russell didn't play very good but Rowan is no where close to Russell in that game if they call fouls even.
Good Job Rowan County, keep playin hard.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:you can't serve crow when Russell won sorry also Rowan shot double the free throws Russell did. Russell didn't play very good but Rowan is no where close to Russell in that game if they call fouls even.

How do you call fouls even??? Sounds like Russeell fouled alot, maybe Rowan was not as aggressive? There is no such thing as calling fouls even..............:please:
Captain Kangaroo Wrote:How do you call fouls even??? Sounds like Russeell fouled alot, maybe Rowan was not as aggressive? There is no such thing as calling fouls even..............:please:
yes there is 12 free throw for Rowan to 1 for Russell at one point in the game is uneven like it or not.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:yes there is 12 free throw for Rowan to 1 for Russell at one point in the game is uneven like it or not.

Good thing you are not a Fleming Co. fan their fouls last night was 35-10 for the game.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Good thing you are not a Fleming Co. fan their fouls last night was 35-10 for the game.
I just know that Russell had many starting players with 3 and 4 fouls for a bunch of the game while rowan had starters who had 1 and 2 fouls late in the 3rd quarter.

The refs kept rowan in it i'm glad Russell was able to win but I think they will prove they are a much better team than Rowan next time they play. I don't know how much the physical game with greenup the day before had an effect on russells play. I can't wait until these 2 meet again.
I think the final count on fouls was... Russell 18 and Rowan 17. Looks even to me!!!!!
Wire Wrote:I think the final count on fouls was... Russell 18 and Rowan 17. Looks even to me!!!!!
lets see wire rowan's fouls on russell all came in the 3rd and 4th like under a min to go i counted 4 or 5 fouls on Rowan trying to catch up. the refs should have been calling the fouls more even on both teams all game instead of calling tons of early fouls on Russell