Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are the teams in the Wymt doing.
This is the biggest, most important regular season tournament in the mountains. How are the teams stacking up so far
Harlan - 2-0
Paintsville - 0-1
Betsy Layne - 0-3
North Laurel - 2-0
Hazard - 1-0
Knott County Central - 1-0
Phelps - 0-1
Leslie County 0-0

So far.
Doc, I disagree. There are no important regular season tournaments.
I would be interested to see how many teams over the years have won the YMT, the ALL A, and their region.
"fox sports" Wrote:Doc, I disagree. There are no important regular season tournaments.
I would be interested to see how many teams over the years have won the YMT, the ALL A, and their region.
Clay County may take care of that reasoning.
South Floyd is one of those teams that have won all 3, and so is Shelby Valley....
"fox sports" Wrote:Doc, I disagree. There are no important regular season tournaments.

The tournament is important in terms of exposure for the players and teams involved. It's also a good experience for all the players and a thrill to not only be on radio, but also on live television.
But how was the tournament selected this year. I know a couple of teams where told they wanted new teams in it but Phelps and BL from the 15th (paintsville is solid) but could have invited a couple of better teams. This years team might be the weekest tournament in history.

I am saying that it is the biggest regular season tourney in the mountains,
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:I am saying that it is the biggest regular season tourney in the mountains,

cant forget the P-ville hoops classic Doc
i agree w/ doc this is a very important tourney like some one eles sed it is on live tv and it will be veiwed by alot of fans and college scouts.
Where is the tourn. held at?
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:South Floyd is one of those teams that have won all 3, and so is Shelby Valley....

Hazard beat SV.
"blackcat" Wrote:Hazard beat SV.

Yes, but SV defeated Clay Co. in 2001....
"ACE" Wrote:Where is the tourn. held at?

I believe it's at Knott Central this season.
This is a very weak field as of right now. Maybe the teams will start playing better but as of now this is a very weak tourney.