Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gregg / Bush ruling reversed by KHSAA
Squid after your last post I must say I do know the difference and I never said Mark ask for them; The thing is how the school for a fact fought to appeal the ruling with the parents after how Mark acted about the HILL. That's all for me on this issue!
that's right Wrote:Squid after your last post I must say I do know the difference and I never said Mark ask for them; The thing is how the school for a fact fought to appeal the ruling with the parents after how Mark acted about the HILL. That's all for me on this issue!

Fair enough.
Why are these two different from Stimmer at Fairview and the Mullins kid at Ashland. They were both found to not be eligible. Stimmer lost an appeal.
I think were all missing the point of what happened to the rose hill basketball program it completely collapsed from the top down.

I think the khsaa realized this and decided to make an exception and just to point out all of the people at"the hill" were fine with oj mayo and marques dawson with no change of adress as well as the faulkner sisters.so I believe the quote was if your a khsaa member you play by there rules?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think were all missing the point of what happened to the rose hill basketball program it completely collapsed from the top down.

I think the khsaa realized this and decided to make an exception and just to point out all of the people at"the hill" were fine with oj mayo and marques dawson with no change of adress as well as the faulkner sisters.so I believe the quote was if your a khsaa member you play by there rules?
OJ came in middle school. Dawson moved here from another state. The Faulkner girls sat out a year. Your points are sharp as a bowling ball.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think were all missing the point of what happened to the rose hill basketball program it completely collapsed from the top down.

You're right these two should be treated just like the KHSAA treated Faulkner sisters.
your right oj came in middle school but was playing a varsity HIGH SCHOOL sport if i was wrong on the other accounts i do apologize but im pretty sure oj didnt ever sit out any playing time.

but still the fact that oj,marques dawson,and bill walker all showed up at little rose hill at the same time is a huge coincidence for a basketball program that had nothing but a losing reputation

and like i said i believed the khsaa saw the situation of the rose hill program and allowed an exception to the rule on these to kids
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:your right oj came in middle school but was playing a varsity HIGH SCHOOL sport if i was wrong on the other accounts i do apologize but im pretty sure oj didnt ever sit out any playing time.

but still the fact that oj,marques dawson,and bill walker all showed up at little rose hill at the same time is a huge coincidence for a basketball program that had nothing but a losing reputation

and like i said i believed the khsaa saw the situation of the rose hill program and allowed an exception to the rule on these to kids

I am no expert on the rules with reguards to the KHSAA, but if you transfer schools at the middle school level, even if you have played a varsity sport, you are still eligable to play. That rule only applies if you are in the 9th grade or above.

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:your right oj came in middle school but was playing a varsity HIGH SCHOOL sport if i was wrong on the other accounts i do apologize but im pretty sure oj didnt ever sit out any playing time.

OJ didn't have to sit out, he came in middle school. However, I don't think that you understand the rule so I digress. I do agree with you on the situation with the scrutiny at RH must have played in the decisions recently, however arbitrary they may seem.

If this is the case than the KHSAA along with you need to grow up. The situations involving the people you mentioned were investigated and no wrongdoing was found.

You guys lost a couple of games to Rose Hill about six years ago. Get over it. History has you on top by a huge margin.
LIB MRDux Wrote:OJ didn't have to sit out, he came in middle school. However, I don't think that you understand the rule so I digress. I do agree with you on the situation with the scrutiny at RH must have played in the decisions recently, however arbitrary they may seem.

is that actually the rule that a middle school kid can just switch schools and play a varsity sport like that cause ive never heard that one and if so it needs to be fixed you shouldnt be allowed to have one kid on a team be eligible just cause he is in middle school and another not because he is in high school
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:is that actually the rule that a middle school kid can just switch schools and play a varsity sport like that cause ive never heard that one and if so it needs to be fixed you shouldnt be allowed to have one kid on a team be eligible just cause he is in middle school and another not because he is in high school

Ashland has benifitted from the transfer of Vanover this year and Wetzel the year before. Both played varsity sports in middle school and moved to Ashland. Vanover hasn't played a varsity sport yet, but will most likely play softball in the spring.
royal blueblood Wrote:Ashland has benifitted from the transfer of Vanover this year and Wetzel the year before. Both played varsity sports in middle school and moved to Ashland. Vanover hasn't played a varsity sport yet, but will most likely play softball in the spring.

regardless the rule needs to be fixed i dont want my tomcats to have an unfair advatage just to not have to compete aginst the ones private schools have
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:regardless the rule needs to be fixed i dont want my tomcats to have an unfair advatage just to not have to compete aginst the ones private schools have

Looks to me like the playing field has been pretty well level as of late, except for this current ruling.
agree around here is getting betterand i would love to see the royals come from this and build there program in the right way by encouraging there younger students to get involved in basketball and othr sports and become competitive asap