Zack Tackett 2 assists

For HWMS:

T. Joseph 11 points
T. Howard 10 points
C. Pitts 10 points
K. Bain 6 points
T.R. Howard 3 points

2nd Game

Hazard defeated Feds Creek. Maybe one of the FC or Hazard people can post the score. Seems like it was 60-50.

Tomorrow's Games

6:00 Consolation: Herald Whitaker vs Feds Creek

7:15 Championship: Dorton vs Hazard
Congrats to wildcats
Didn't get to see this one but from the looks of it and from watching earlier games looks as if Dorton played one of their better games. On another note with what I've seen the point guard from Dorton (Lucas) is one of the most underated players in the county(when talking about the best players) because he looks to be one of the better all around (passing and ballhandling) guards in the county. Keep working hard and congrats on the win Dorton.:thumpsup:
Good Luck Hazard!!!!!!
Will Collier be back for Hazard tonight?
cart man Wrote:Will Collier be back for Hazard tonight?

No. Coach Mobelini said he wouldn't be back until Friday. I was very impressed that Hazard played as well as they did last night without him. Those boys just know how to play ball the right way.
Yes they are a good bunch of kids. Make sure you bring your running shoes when you play them.
Hazard was very impressive! They are very fast, very well coached, and excellent shooters! Feds Creek made way too many mistakes to beat a team of that caliber! I'm not making excuses, just stating the facts. The Vikings played well at times, but came out slow to start, got behind 9 points, battled back, got behind, did the same thing. Feds Creek cut the lead to 1 two or 3 times, the last time being in the 4th quarter. Everytime they would, Feds Creek would make a poor play, they missed 6 or 7 lay-ups. Anyway, its a learning experience and I an sure they will take the positives from this and work on the mistakes. Feds Creek will get a lot better as the year goes on. Very young team overall and they are one year removed from getting big wins against the lower ranked teams in Pike Co. to playing right with the best teams in Eastern Kentucky! Nothing to be ashamed of! Everyone is so very proud of them!!!
Dorton played very well! Coach, I told you I liked the match up between you two! This Hazard bunch will run you out of the gym if you aren't careful!!! Good Luck!!!
School Admin. Wrote:Dorton played very well! Coach, I told you I liked the match up between you two! This Hazard bunch will run you out of the gym if you aren't careful!!! Good Luck!!!

Thanks.

If you let Hazard's press bother you or they are hitting from outside, you can get blown out pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll take care of the ball and make it a fun championship game.
Yep! Gotta take care of the ball!! They might have the best team I have seen..... I haven't seen Johnson Central, but they are better than anyone else I have seen. You do have a mismatch in the middle........
School Admin. Wrote:Yep! Gotta take care of the ball!! They might have the best team I have seen..... I haven't seen Johnson Central, but they are better than anyone else I have seen. You do have a mismatch in the middle........

The scary thing is that they were missing their best player (in my opinion) and 6th man.
Well, looking back at their games, they run an 8 man rotation in and out. All 8 kids are good players and scorers. I don't know what kind of difference that would make on offense, but perhaps that would make an impact on defense. They are just a solid all-around team, and they are very well coached. Anyone who plays them has their work cut out for them. If you can break their press, I think you have an advantage in the center, be careful if you press them, they do an excellent job getting behind people!
It is scary for us as well coach--not having two of our players. Collier is one of our best as well as a verbal leader. We do have a great bunch of boys who love to play and any one of them can step up and have a big night. You just never know which one it will be. They enjoy playing Dorton and they really like your kids. It will be fun tonight!
School Admin. Wrote:Well, looking back at their games, they run an 8 man rotation in and out. All 8 kids are good players and scorers. I don't know what kind of difference that would make on offense, but perhaps that would make an impact on defense. They are just a solid all-around team, and they are very well coached. Anyone who plays them has their work cut out for them. If you can break their press, I think you have an advantage in the center, be careful if you press them, they do an excellent job getting behind people!

I think pressing them would play right into their hands. FC, on the other hand, has the players to press teams (even Hazard).
Coach, you are right... In fact, I was hoping you would say that! I'm not one to tell a man his business. Sounds like you have the right idea. Good luck tonight!
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, you are right... In fact, I was hoping you would say that! I'm not one to tell a man his business. Sounds like you have the right idea. Good luck tonight!

Thanks. I'm not too proud to listen to advice from anyone who'll give it.