Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a weekly Pike/Floyd County Team Ranking...
I posted this already as a reply to my team rankings on Nov. 20 but I believe this will grab more people attention and be seen by the people who I want it to be seen by.

My idea is to have about 20 people in the Pike/Floyd area who have a honest opinion about the teams in these two counties. I would want these people to be coaches more then anything, but also web site moderators and other people who have true knowledge of the two counties. I would ask these people to once a week to send me there opinion on the top ten teams in pike and floyd county. I would keep these votes completely to myself, and post them every Friday. The only hint I would give about how people voted would be a number for how many first place votes a team receives, like college basketball polls.

Though I would like a panel of 20, these are all I have in mind for now. I do not know of 20 people on here that I know for sure would give honest opinions of this but I am sure between everyone on here, we can find 20.

The one's who I have in mind so far are...

1.myself
2.Janitor_32 (up for the idea)
3.blackcatAlum (up for the idea)
4.Coach_Kidd
5.MCACoach
6.DortonWildcat5 (up for the idea)
7.Eagle42
8.Saratoga_86
9.canoeman_06
10.Lady_Mustang_Coach
11.willie_cheatum
12.coachatwesley
13.scbmike1

Janitor_32 has already told me he is up for the idea. BlackcatAlum thinks it would be good. Also, imagine what it would do for the kids who get on here and see themselves ranked like a college team...how much harder they would play for a upset if they was playing the number 1 team, a top 5 team, etc... Please everyone, reply on this board to let me know if you would like to be part of it, and about other people we could use for the 20 people panel.

My idea of ranking them would be a point based system like every other poll uses. First place votes would be worth 10 points, second place 9, third 8 etc...tenth being worth one.
bball_fan Wrote:I posted this already as a reply to my team rankings on Nov. 20 but I believe this will grab more people attention and be seen by the people who I want it to be seen by.

My idea is to have about 20 people in the Pike/Floyd area who have a honest opinion about the teams in these two counties. I would want these people to be coaches more then anything, but also web site moderators and other people who have true knowledge of the two counties. I would ask these people to once a week to send me there opinion on the top ten teams in pike and floyd county. I would keep these votes completely to myself, and post them every Friday. The only hint I would give about how people voted would be a number for how many first place votes a team receives, like college basketball polls.

Though I would like a panel of 20, these are all I have in mind for now. I do not know of 20 people on here that I know for sure would give honest opinions of this but I am sure between everyone on here, we can find 20.

The one's who I have in mind so far are...

1.myself
2.Janitor_32 (up for the idea)
3.blackcatAlum (up for the idea)
4.Coach_Kidd
5.MCACoach
6.DortonWildcat5 (up for the idea)
7.Eagle42
8.Saratoga_86
9.canoeman_06
10.Lady_Mustang_Coach
11.willie_cheatum
12.coachatwesley
13.scbmike1

Janitor_32 has already told me he is up for the idea. BlackcatAlum thinks it would be good. Also, imagine what it would do for the kids who get on here and see themselves ranked like a college team...how much harder they would play for a upset if they was playing the number 1 team, a top 5 team, etc... Please everyone, reply on this board to let me know if you would like to be part of it, and about other people we could use for the 20 people panel.

My idea of ranking them would be a point based system like every other poll uses. First place votes would be worth 10 points, second place 9, third 8 etc...tenth being worth one.

I'm interested bball_fan.

Assistant Coach at SF.
I had a pre-season one of these for Pike/Floyd- I got 6 Floyd coaches to vote and only 4 Pike coaches, so yes I would be more than happy to vote in it. Its a lot better with u running it anyway! I think you already have a copy of the point system that was voted on to be used.
sounds good just let me know.
Just let me know.
I think this is a great idea.
at this point, I have at least 10 people willing to vote. i would like to have 20, but 10 would at least make a solid amount.
People who have agreed to vote, go ahead and start sending me your top 10 for this week. if i can get them all in, i'll try to post the new poll this coming saturday or monday.
Guys, I'm willing to help out as much as possible, but I simply am not familiar enough with the local middle school teams to put together a ranking. But if there is another way I could help out, I'd be willing to do so.
BlackcatAlum, you have seen enough people who post on here that would make good members of the panel. Suggestions on who should have a vote would be great!
bball_fan Wrote:BlackcatAlum, you have seen enough people who post on here that would make good members of the panel. Suggestions on who should have a vote would be great!

I say we just leave it up to the coaches. Have them send their votes to you or whomever is chosen to tally up the votes.
so far I have six votes in. Myself of course, Coach Kidd's from Mullins, Coach Newsome from Wesley, Coach Howard's from BL, Coach Jarrell from Wesley, one of Virgie's assistants, Coach Davis from Dorton.

Still would like votes to come from representatives of Belfry, Pikeville, Elkhorn City, Kimper, Phelps, Johns Creek, Millard, Feds Creek, Allen Central, Allen, Stumbo, Adams and South Floyd