Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District
I was just wondering what everyone thoughts were on the 57th district this year... and if you were to rank the district how would it rank out. Mine would look like this.

1.) Lawrence
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Paintsville
4.) Magoffin
5.) Sheldon Clark
Id say its Lawrence, then a LONG drop to everyone else.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Id say its Lawrence, then a LONG drop to everyone else.
Long drop!!!!! Really. Maybe we just need to start Lawrence Co. out at 8-0 and save the district schools a little travel money.
I think with Shepherd on the DL Johnson Central would take over the #1 spot for this year.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Long drop!!!!! Really. Maybe we just need to start Lawrence Co. out at 8-0 and save the district schools a little travel money.

You're reading too much into my statement. Yes, they probably should go 8-0 against the district, but you never know whats going to happen.
LC is the king of all things...football and baseball, basketball, cheerleading, golf, tennis, soccer, wrestling, swimming, field hockey....if you don't believe it, ask someone from LC.
yeah we pretty much are the king of everything especially in this sport
Not golf... no team... not yet.
What can i say LC has been up here for a while in every sport they are starting to build a dynasty for everything now that football is back up again
LC_Dawgs Wrote:What can i say LC has been up here for a while in every sport they are starting to build a dynasty for everything now that football is back up again
Been up there for a while in what? Basketball teams have been terrible for a long time, football was good for about 10 years in the 90's. Nothing before that, and nothing after that until this year. Actually they have been terrible as well. The baseball team has always been pretty good, but nothing more than what Johnson Central and Paintsville have been over many many years. In fact, they cant even begin to hold a light to what Boyd Co. has been. You would think that after last weeks football disaster, you all would learn to be a little more humble, and learn to quit running your mouths, but you guys just never learn.

Building a dynasty in what? eyeroll:

Just for the record, Johnson Central was named by the Lexington Herald Leader about 5 months ago as having the over all best high sports programs in the entire state of Kentucky. Yet, they have a dynasty in nothing either.

Just food for thought.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:What can i say LC has been up here for a while in every sport they are starting to build a dynasty for everything now that football is back up again
Do you now have a dynasty in academia as well? If so it must be a Utopia.
And the haters continue to line up.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:You're reading too much into my statement. Yes, they probably should go 8-0 against the district, but you never know whats going to happen.

Now way this happens.
We'll see.
That we shall.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I was just wondering what everyone thoughts were on the 57th district this year... and if you were to rank the district how would it rank out. Mine would look like this.

1.) Lawrence
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Paintsville
4.) Magoffin
5.) Sheldon Clark

JC should be #1 and LC #2
flip SC AND MC TOO
JC, Paintsville, and LC could easily beat each other on any given night. no one will go 8-0 in the district. But i think JC will win it this year Shepard was larwence county baseball with him out they wont be as good as they think they will.
monster_energy Wrote:JC should be #1 and LC #2
flip SC AND MC TOO
Ohh, i thought moore shut out JC in the regional championship last season?
surely you dont think this years JC will be better? if you do, then explain to me how losing your whole starting infield, your ace, and 2 outfielders will make them better....
Radaa Wrote:Ohh, i thought moore shut out JC in the regional championship last season?
surely you dont think this years JC will be better? if you do, then explain to me how losing your whole starting infield, your ace, and 2 outfielders will make them better....

Well I think you might call it step'in up. Let me throw ya a few names you will hear real soon. Will Meek ,Tyler Conn,Cody Parker and Ross Saynor [all four pitchers]. Now lets try Chase Blevins,Logan Simpkins and Jimmy Preston.
I am trying to give you names you haven't heard much about . I wouldn" count on Tyler Grim's bat leaving anytime soon. Oh by the way did Cody M. pitch that whole game or did he have a closer???????? Ya make it sound like a cake walk but I remember a pretty good game. Oh by the way I'm not a J.C. fan but am a J.C. player fan.

cody Parker
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I was just wondering what everyone thoughts were on the 57th district this year... and if you were to rank the district how would it rank out. Mine would look like this.

1.) Lawrence
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Paintsville
4.) Magoffin
5.) Sheldon Clark

i disagree i believe that johnson central should be ahead of lawrence co
Radaa Wrote:Ohh, i thought moore shut out JC in the regional championship last season?

In earlier post I got the District/Regional confused. So as not to be confused let me say that Cody is a real nice pitcher as is Banks LC no doubt will miss Shep. Johnson Central I believe returns Stacy and Grim to the outfield and Scarberry at the 2,Will Meek may very well have the best glove at the 4 in the region. From what I hear his arm may allow him to play, anywhere left of 3. Take it for what it is worth,but The Eagles strong suit may just be pitching.Yes I said pitching. They may have to mix and match and not worry about complete games, while getting people ready. By District time Hall will have three starting pitchers ready with several others that can give him an inning here and there. Dont be too quick to award the District just yet.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:You're reading too much into my statement. Yes, they probably should go 8-0 against the district, but you never know whats going to happen.

Maybe you need to wait and find out how the teams are playing before you crown anyone. I don't think anyone in the district is going to be a cake walk this year nor do i think there will be any 8-0 teams come the end of the district play. I think there are a lot of things that can happen to change seasons and most of the time it happens to one team or another. I have to say Good Luck to all district teams.
Alright let me give you all some names....

Tate Banks
Cody Moore
Sam Burton
Ramsey Compton
Chandler Shephard....heard he'll be DH
Josh Mills
Shane Pack
Jordan Miller
Julius Musick
Anthony Tucker
Micheal Parker
Cody Kelly
Clark Rice

All of these players have at least started a game last year for the Defending Region and Semi-State champs. They only lost one starter. So how about those names for you. I say they'll be back at state. :1:
I think with Shepherd on the DL Johnson Central would take over the #1 spot for this year.
Without Shep they do not have a dominate pitcher and dont hit exceptionally well either. As for Will Meek he could very well be the hardest thrower in the region this year. I saw him clocked at 83-84 consistently in the fall last year. I think the region is open to JC, Pikeville and yes the GREAT LAWRENCE CO. BULLDOGS this year.
JCHS05 Wrote:Maybe you need to wait and find out how the teams are playing before you crown anyone. I don't think anyone in the district is going to be a cake walk this year nor do i think there will be any 8-0 teams come the end of the district play. I think there are a lot of things that can happen to change seasons and most of the time it happens to one team or another. I have to say Good Luck to all district teams.

I could care less if LC goes 8-0, 12-0, or 15-0 in regular season district play. Didn't they vote to draw? :popcorn:So I don't think you will see anyone espicially JC show their hands until district tourney. Maybe they could say draw Paintsville in the play in game, Sheldon Clark in the semis if their lucky to get by the Tigers, and JC in the finals! Sounds like a plan to me:biggrin:!
jc could do realy great this year, but just like with all the other teams unfortuanately nobody has a crystal ball...and anything can happen...so we wil all just have to wait and enjoy the season when it gets here
Can anyone give me some innings/ numbers on current JC pitchers who are mentioned in the above comments?

I'll give you one thing, you're funny.:thatsfunn:thatsfunn