Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 of Our 4 State Champs Are PRIVATE schools.
shafter9 Wrote::giveup:
You're giving up? Cool I win!!:Guitar01:
private schools have tha advantage.
DNTKNME Wrote:private schools have tha advantage.
Wow! Great insight. :wtf1:
i do not think that it is fair that public and private schools are in the same district
98NCCalum Wrote:Ok so since no one else will atempt to answer my questions, b/c I am right, I will ask you? What makes you any different from a private school then? Every single player on NCC's football team this year is from NKY. What's the difference? We charge tuition to everyone that comes there, techinically wouldn't you say you have an advantage over a private school then, b/c you can take kids from anywhere and don't even have to charge the kids that live in your area, every kid if he lives a block or 100 miles from NCC has to pay 5000 dollars a year.

So since you say you don't recruit, if all theprivate schools said that you'd just believe them right?

The argument on the publics side is so weak it's sad.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We are an Independent school, We only cover the Russell/Flatwoods area. The difference is that the citizens of Russell/Flatwoods pay school taxes to cover the cost of operation. Not tuition. We only charge tuition if someone chooses to come to our school from another district. We charge tuition to cover the loss in tax revenue from the parents living outside of the district. We cannot pick and choose who we allow to attend. Every child that lives in our school district comes to Russell unless they decide to go to a surrounding area school and pay the out of area tuition.

In our case the only difference from a public school and a independent is this. We chose to create our own school system because the concentrated population of the Russell/Flatwoods area warranted it. If our children went to Greenup county some would be in transit for up to 2 hours on the bus. The population of Greenup county is so scattered except in the eastern side (where we are located) That it made sense to create an Independent.

I myself live ~10-12 miles from Greenup Co High School and only about 1.5 from Russell. Plus I like the fact that all of our schools are centrally located. I have 1 in HS, 1in the primary, and 1 in the intermediate.

Hope that helps a little.
lpd826 Wrote:For years the school system in Russell and any other independent school has always been known to recurit. Yell you say they charge a fee to go to that school but they give "spiffs" or breaks to kids who they really want to be there, such as offering there parents good paying jobs, or free houseing just to send thier kid to play at thier school.

I would like some solid proof of this. I know the majority of the football team and I can tell you where most of the starters' parent work. The majority of them have been employed at the same job for ages. It really pisses me off to listen to people spout off information that they have no clue about. Take me for example. My son played football for 4 years. He started both sides of the ball on this years AA State champion team. I worked for a local lumber Co for 14 years. They sure never gave me anything.:lame:

I could research the majority of the players and tell you some background on their parents.

Give me one good example of recruiting in Russell in the past 4 years and I will research it and tell you what was wrong with the statement.
JUDGE140 Wrote:in response to Midee1, did i specifically mention Russel or are you just feeling guilty because you know that your school does give breaks or or thing to the parents of the student atheletes that come from outside your dist? I don't think i ever mentioned any specific school in my comments.

Quote:And let's not forget the other champion was an Independent School system, and a lot of Independents also takes takes kids out of the county system that they deem necessary for the benefit of their programs.

OK I stand corrected you did not mention the school by name. But good lord how much more obvious could you be. Read the second quote. Any one on here knows that Russell was the other winner. As for the first quote. Please feel free to give me any facts to back up your statement.Rolleyes
Also as far as the Independent schools go. Ashland and Fairview are also independent school districts. Both are within 5 miles of my house. We create Independent school systems based on the concentration of population in the given area.
One last bit of information before the fire starts flying. As you know my son palys for Russell. Last year around Thanksgiving I lost my job of 14 years to corporate downsizing. Did Russell step in and offer me a GOOD PAYING job so I could stay in the area and so my son could keep playing. The answer is a big fat NO!

I know that many of you are thinking Kasey Clark. Yea he lives in the Raceland School District. Because his parents moved there a couple of years ago. I guess you could argue the fact that Kasey's mom is a teacher at Russell. But the fact is Kasey is 16-17 YO and his mother has been a teacher in the Russell district for 20+ years. Even the good people of Russell could not have seen into the future and known that she would produce a talented football player. So that kind of shoots the good job theory in the foot.
Midee1 Wrote:I would like some solid proof of this. I know the majority of the football team and I can tell you where most of the starters' parent work. The majority of them have been employed at the same job for ages. It really pisses me off to listen to people spout off information that they have no clue about. Take me for example. My son played football for 4 years. He started both sides of the ball on this years AA State champion team. I worked for a local lumber Co for 14 years. They sure never gave me anything.:lame:
I could research the majority of the players and tell you some background on their parents.
Give me one good example of recruiting in Russell in the past 4 years and I will research it and tell you what was wrong with the statement.
So I think we are arguing the same point.
The KHSAA should kick those schools that do cheat out. Leave us small private schools who do things the right way alone!
private schools should have there own thing and let puplic schools have there own district and region
sf_football Wrote:private schools should have there own thing and let puplic schools have there own district and region
WOW, you bring up some great points. :help: :insane:
Has anyone looked into how many states have seperate playoff systems? Why did they go to them?
i am just curious.
Then let Kasey Clark go to the Raceland school district. And as for them offeing you a job you never said that your son left the Russell school district. So if you stayed in the district why offer you anything? The comment was made about kids that come from other districts, so i don't see where this applies to you.
JUDGE140 Wrote:Then let Kasey Clark go to the Raceland school district. And as for them offeing you a job you never said that your son left the Russell school district. So if you stayed in the district why offer you anything? The comment was made about kids that come from other districts, so i don't see where this applies to you.

Kasey CHOSE to go to Russell. He has went to Russell his entire life. His mother has taught at the Russell school system for over 20 years. Kasey was not recruited to attend Russell he has been there all along. He almost went to Raceland last year because his brother coaches basketball there and he did not get along with Russell's coach. Kasey decided that his football career was better off so he stayed. And we are glad to have him.

As for the second comment. I'm still waiting for proof that Russell gives anyone anything to play ball at Russell. Care to prove me wrong?
JUDGE140,

Since you seem to be fairly knowledgable about Belfry. Answer this. Did every child that played on last years football team reside in the Belfry school district? If not then your argument is a moot point.

Wasn't there an issue in the past few years with illegal transfers? Not trying to start an argument just trying to get clarification.
I am really starting to question why this is such a hot topic. I see several people here admiting that cheating is going on. pure an simple.
the private schools have made an effort to place a 20 mile radious on districts.
Does anyone have aproblem with that? If so, then what is it.
Not all private schools break the rules but some have and we know it. I think the whole reason that this came about is because of the lackluster job the KHSAA has done in enforcing it's own policies.

How would you all feel about a level playing field where all would be equal.
All I see is people defending and attacking.
Is there a problem, 198 AD's said yes.
So I guess what I am asking is if you were in charge what rule would you put in place to stop the recruiting.
I understand that you get a better education at the private schools and i have never said that is a problem but if you are going to that school for education then sports shouldn't be an issue.
i think that private schools should have a seperate playoff system
will private be playing public in 2006 championship games?
Tough Turf Wrote:will private be playing public in 2006 championship games?

Yes, the Board of Control did NOT pass to seperate public and private schools in playoff competition.
Yes they all either had parents or guardians that resided in the district.